Girls, how do you feel about society in general being okay with men dating younger, but not women?

Obviosouly you can date who ever you want, but this is just the trend and the way it has been, and for reasonable historical reasons, but now, not as much. Also, clearly trying to be on the same page maturity and goals wise is important, but even still I find most people stick to these rules..

I thought of this because me and some friends were all comparing tinder acounts and all my guy friends had say 18-24, while the girls had 22-30ish.

I was just thinking how even at the age of thirty, I can easily still date girls in their early 20s and no one would really care, essentially meaning my dating pool only increases with age. If that would be reversed, and I at 23 started dating a 30 year old women, I bet my parents and friends would not consent to that at all... I also think this means I can really take my time in settling down compared to some women, which is surely unfair. I would like to say the stearotype of girls in their late 20s- early 30s getting desperate is false, but I have seen it all over the place, while guys in this age range are still very chill about finding a spouse.

Girls how do you feel about this? Do you only date guys older than you? or would you be okay dating that much younger? Do you feel jelous at all that at least by these standards, men's dating pool increase with age as a woman's decreases?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that men dating younger is seen as more common, so that probably contributes to people's disapproval of older women dating younger. However, older men do get shit for dating younger from both older men and women. I don't think I would ever date younger, and if I did it would maybe be by a year or two. I prefer older and am currently dating an older man now.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't really care, ill still date 15 year olds regardless (I'm 16). I don't see how the dating pool decreases since there are women in their 40's with younger men.

• Ughhhhh only my âge for me but the double standard is there 4 sure

• I think men tend to overestimate the number of girls who are 10+ years younger who are interested in dating them... especially when it's all hypothetical. The dating pool may stretch a bit farther for guys, but the competition for the hottest, youngest women is even more intense for an older guy than one who is closer to her age.

Guys who can easily pull much younger women didn't generally have much trouble with their dating pool all along, or else they did considerable work (getting in shape, working on his social skills, etc) that increased their odds along the way. Likewise, a guy who was really hot and fit in his teens and early twenties, but loses his hair and gets out of shape may find that he gets considerably less attention from women.

It's all relative.

• But society isn't okay with older men dating young girls. They get a lot shit from it.

Most young girls are NOT willimg to date older guys. I mean guts with +10 age difference. You better hope you look super hot or have lots of money because old ugly guys are not what young girls are after

• Well sure I am talking about say 18-30 with 21-23. I have seen lots of girls I know from undergraduate now dating guys in these age ranges, one of the reasons I brought this up. I don't think myself particularity hot, but I hope I have a lot more money in 5 years than I do now hahaha Either way, I would rather date someone closer to my age, I am just saying I think dating younger for a guy is way more of an option than for women.

• I think that may have a lot to do with fertility, which is not as much a problem for men as it is women and women still want a guy more established in society with money and such. As I said, there are reasons for this system, I just wonder if they still need to exist the way they do...

• Yes yes, fertility if you want to use biology as an excuse for shallowness.

What Guys Said 2

• I would never date anyone older or younger than me by 2 years.

I think it's wrong... Very very wrong

• I think as you get older, that field expands a fair amount... I place more on maturity and goals. I know girls now who would more than happy with marrying and kids, but I don't see myself there for at least 5 more years. I am not saying I would date younger over someone my own age, but the option is still very real.

• Younger women dating older men makes biological sense as older men have more resources and have proben themselves, meaning you know if he os successful or not. Younger men get nothing from older women except easy sex. She is less fertile. It is opposite of what is a good biological decision.

• Ya but most of the western world is past the point where women literally need a man to provide for her, so we are now stuck with an outdated gender relationship, which I think negatively impacts women a lot.