Why are guys okay with dating their friend's exes, but girls aren't? How do you personally feel about friends dating your ex?

To me, dating the ex of a friend is like an ultimate betrayal plus one one wants to be someone's leftovers. Some girls are okay with it, but it seems like most including myself aren't.

Also, I've never heard a guy complain about his friend, even bestfriend dating an ex.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS DATING YOUR EXES?

• I would be totally offened and not okay if a friend dated one of my exes.
  • I would be a little offended but be okay in the end because afterall they are my ex.
  • I don't care at all if my friends date my ex.
  • I've dated my friend's exes and doesn't bother me.
  • I've dated a friend's ex even though I knew it bothered them.
  • I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER DATE A FRIEND'S EX.

Most Helpful Guy

• I genuinely don't understand why this is. I made a comment on another question about betrayal a few days ago, something along the lines of "how is it betrayal if he's an ex?" and the women downvoted it to hell. Weird!

• I guess because usually when people break up, they still have a bit of feelings but one of my best friends has literally dated 3 guys who are all best friends and then her friends kind of picked up her seconds. She says she doesn't care but she kind of got a bit shaky when I told her that one of her exes asked me out but after I turned him down, they got back together. I don't know I just don't feel comfortable at all dated the ex of a friend. I mean I think I would get over a friend dating one of my exes but I would still be a bit uncomfortable especially if it was a serious relationship.

• Right, I suppose that makes sense. Although my head says "but if you still have feelings then why did you break up?", but I suppose it's usually more complicated than that. Thanks for explaining :)

What Guys Said 4

• Why would I be ok with a friend dating one of my exes since I never want to see any of my exes again.

• I see it as a ton of gerbils crawling all over each other in a cage. Humping and poo everywhere. Yuck. Greener pastures elsewhere people.

• I am a male and I have dated 3 girls from the same circle they were 3 best friends. Your theory is wrong.

• Most girs still wouldn't like this but if you read the description you'd know that I said some girls don't care.

• I did read the description.

• That says more about my ex than it does my friend.

• How so? Your friend who is suppose to have been your bestfriend still dates them. Your ex is gone but your friend is still your friend.

• Clearly the ex was just using me to get to my friend. I forgive my friend for being too gaga over the pussy

What Girls Said 1

• It would be a little weird, but I don't care too much.