Girls, Asking a girl out after randomly approaching her?

Ok so say I approach a girl and we talk for say 10 minutes, instead of asking for her number can I just ask her out instead? I always ask for their number after chit chatting and always fail. Do I actually have to have an idea in mind? Or can I come up with something later and then call her later and say hey I know about this place, bla bla bla, we should go!

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Dear God! do the rest of the male population of favor and share this information:
    Ask her out!
    It's sweet, confident, romantic, and shows a higher level of interest than just asking for the number.
    number exchanges tend to end up as random text messaging, and it either doesn't go anywhere or boys see it as an excuse to skip past the dating and go directly to booty call.
    Just ask her out. Like the good old days when people did stuff together.

What Girls Said 3

• Ask her out as in dating (bf/gf)? That's WAY too soon.

Asking her out on a date? Great idea. You can bag her number and a date simultaneously.

• Ask for her number first.

• some guys have done that but i've never said yes. I more likely will say yes if hr asks for my #