Is it bad that I find it hard to respect what I consider "sissy" guys as a possible person to date?

Its weird, I can totally respect a "wimpy" guy as a friend but not at all as someone I would date. Maybe its because I live on a farm and am a very capable person myself? I mean, if I can hook a log to a 4-wheeler and drag it off I would not want to date someone who's opinion was "Ew. Work, outdoors, sweat", but I would just laugh and tease a friend. The thing that makes me wonder if it is a bad mentality is that this guy can be super nice, but I still would not have much respect for them in a relationship. Is this pretty normal or is it bad

Most Helpful Guy

• It's pretty normal.

It's also why a lot of guys who have mainly female friends 'mysteriously' can't date.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, if you don't want to date some one because of it that's perfectly fine/normal/reasonable. Everyone has their preferences, and you have a right to yours.

If you are gonna go dating "wimpy" guys and then treat them badly that would be different, but I don't think that's what you mean..

• What I did mean was number one. Actually, I'm not "dating age" yet (15) but I used to like this guy friend of mine. Until I realized he was pretty sissy. Thanks to his mom actually (who I think wanted him to like me... but that is another story). After that I started noticing things. I still respect him as a friend, but I would not want to date him later in life unless he did a 180 degree turn around.

• It's disinteresting.

• Yea its okay I find them annoying and hilarious to be honest

What Girls Said 2

• It's actually normal. It's just a preference and while don't agree, you shouldn't feel bad about it.

• Well... Wimpy people don't work on farms so it makes sense