Am I doomed to be single forever?

I am 19 and I don't have a single relationship in the works. I have very little experience with relationships. I feel like I want to be in a relationship some days, but I also know that I like my freedom. No guys ever express interest in me or even want to get to know me better it seems. I have my future planned out and I'm already very successful. What am I doing wrong? How can I improve my situation and is this normal? Most of my friends are in relationships and I just feel like I'll never find the right guy!

Most Helpful Girl

• Please take your time hun. I used to feel the same way and forced myself into relationships with guys just to give one a try and I have never experienced so much pain and anxiety in my whole life. It`s so much worst to finally be interested in someone and for them to lose interest in you because the relationship was built for the wrong reasons only to be stuck and confused in the end. Take your time, don`t rush into anything you`re not ready for and don`t let anyone pressure or rush you. I thought I was careful but let it happen so many times anyway and sometimes I wish i took a lot of things a lot slower than I did.

What Guys Said 8

• ALl these guys saying they won't approach a successful girl I don't think that's true. I'd approach a girl like you! However I'm lik eyou myself in that I didn't date in high school or college and only focused on my schooling. Girls don't look for a guy like me at first they want the hot sexy jock that plays around withthem..

• YES. At the ripe old age of 19, you are destined to be single FOREVER!!

• Ok. That was maybe a ton overdramatic. But it does feel that way sometimes. Like I'm overlooked by everyone.

• See? I had a feeling you might recoil. I really wasn't trying to be contrary or disappoint you, only trying to help you understand things a little better. But, that still does NOT mean you will not meet someone special. What it definitely means, is, you will most likely meet someone much more confident and in your league than you otherwise might. Good luck!

• I feel like I can relate. Want a relationship but also concerned about my academics and career gosh...

• What are you doing wrong, you ask? Well, what are you doing that would make you think you're doing something wrong?

• Probs too aggressive and opinionated, but I can't really change so I don't know.

• Then that's what you're doing wrong! How can you get a boyfriend if you're not doing anything?

• What the flip am I supposed to do? I live in a dumb little town where 90% of the population is over the age of 60, I work at a hospital with all female nurses, and it's summer now so the only people I see are like the same 10 friends.

• You should talk to guys of your likeing smile and say hi. Start a conversation. BTWyou always have to dress too impress.

• Stop stressing, and just act natural. Nothing wrong with being single, I am single by choice

• ur doomed ur 19 life is over ull be fine but present urself as available

• you'll find someone, maybe your body language is your problem. try smiling more

• It's unpopular to say this in today's culture, but...

"I have my future planned out and I'm already very successful."

This is likely your problem. I know I would date someone who cares more about their career than about a future family.

• Wouldn't**

• I've wondered that myself many times because it seems almost impossible. For me at least, I am on the path to becoming a nurse and I plan to be working three 12 hour overnight shifts a week so that I am able to have four days a week off, so I think that will make it easier to raise a family. Hopefully.

• As far as relationships though, I don't think it would be that difficult since work takes up only a percentage of your time, then again, what to I know? I've been single since I was 16. Lol

What Girls Said 10

• No. You're not doomed forever. Ask this when you're 68 and even then it might not be too late.

Maybe you could approach guys but I would CAUTION that if you do, do NOT sleep with them until you've dated for 3 months to know that they are into YOU and not your body.

You could also have your friends find someone for you. Speed dating is another option as well as online dating.

• You are 19! You've still got time.

• Yes, you are doomed.

• You are still young, you're only 19. I have the same problem and I'm 26, however even I can't say this yet. Do you appear open to being approached or do you act closed off? You need to be making eye contact, initiating conversations with guys, and you need to be SMILING. Guys love a happy looking girl.

• I probably fail at all of those things because as outgoing and loud as I am all the time, I get really embarrassed and uncomfortable arounds guys I find attractive so I come off really horribly I'm sure.

• It's so hard though! Props to guys! They can actually come up and approach me and make a move and I often stand there dumbfounded or say some entirely rude thing that I don't mean because I'm caught off guard and nervous!

• Oh yeah I know. You gotta admire their courage. Don't chase them away though. lol. My problem is the initial contact, I'm pretty good following through. :)

• You are not doomed you just haven't found the right person yet. The right guy will come at the right time. I am in the same situation as you are right now. I'm 18 with not much relationship experience, not sure if I want to give up my freedom or want a relationship, and I don't think guys express interest in me either. You are totally not the only one. We are still pretty young and have time.

• Nope you're not

• Just go out there more and live a little

• No you're not doomed. I wish people would stop asking this question though

• trust me there is someone for you.

• you're only 19... you have your whole life ahead of you, some people don't get married until they're in their late 30's so don't worry