Am I being clingy.. or is he being ridiculous?

I've been seeing someone for 5 months now and I invited him to spend the weekend at the beach with my family and I next month and he said he'll think about it. Well I mentioned it again today and he said that he doesn't want to give the wrong impression of us and when I asked what he meant he said, "just the way you talk about us sometimes... i don't like it when you're clingy".

I haven't done anything that is clingy, if anything I've been very patient with him. I want us to take the next step and become official because its been 5 months for goodness sake but he's having issues. He said to me about 3 months ago "I'm not looking for a relationship but I still wanna see you" what does that mean? Is he and I friends with benefits? He gets jealous when I talk to other guys and when others take an interest in me but he himself doesn't seem to be interested in me.

am I being clingy? I'm tempted to just break up with him, honestly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds to me that he wants a friends with benefits . I don't think you're being clingy--I think he wants his cake and to eat it too.

He wants you on HIS terms. Don't stay with a guy if he is not going to give you what you want.

What Guys Said 4

• What he's telling you is that he enjoys pulling down your panties and he'd like to have the exclusive rights to that until something better comes along, at which point he doesn't want to be encumbered by any obligations to you.

In other words, your future with this guy will end whenever he wants it to end but, in the meanwhile, he wants to keep getting it.

• It sounds like he views you as a friend with benefits. This is where conservative people point out you should not have had sex without a clear definition of the relationship. Sorry to be blunt.

• Doesn't sound like your being clingy...

• That's not clingy behavior at all. You deserve better; dump that idiot.

What Girls Said 3

• It just sounds like he isn't as serious about the relationship as you are.

• I think he likes you but he seems scared to jump into a relationship.

• He warned you 3 months ago about how he saw the relationship "I'm not looking for a relationship". He's told you how he sees things but you've wanted to keep everything progressing whereas he is all about keeping you there whilst he looks for a girl he wants to have a relationship with. in my opinion he is using you because it's convenient. He clearly likes you but not enough to give you the title of "girlfriend". Move on and save yourself both the time and the hassle with this guy. You are most definitely not being clingy. The problem is his and not yours.