Have you ever been platonic friends with someone who you end up romantically involved with?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm... yes and no. One of my best friends and I were platonic, but we got into a friends with benefits situation, but it didn't last long. He and I were able to go back to being just friends. We didn't turn into a couple, though. My parents/sister don't know about us being FWB's, but they love him a lot. He's my absolute best guy friend. My sister and mother believe that we both like each other and need to get together ASAP. We are really close, but everyone mistakes that for us liking each other. Nahps. Some guys that I'm good friends where we were a platonic friendship began to like me and it turned into a complicated mess each time.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. Not at all.

• Yes..

.

• Didn't you just contradicted yourself since you said the relationship was platonic to begin with?

• It was late, I was tired, and I worded it awkwardly. I was asking if anyone had been in a relationship that had started out as platonic, but ended up being romantic in nature.

What Guys Said 2

• No, but I've been platonic friends with someone who I ended up telling I wanted to be romantically involved, and then we stopped being friends.

I don't suppose that counts?

• I always friend zone my girls before i get romantically involved so i know the kind of person Im dealing with:)