What does it mean when you ask a girl to stay the night?

im just wondering because i recently started seeing a really sweet guy who lives in a busy city where i easily get lost as i am not from there, its only like a 20 minute drive at max. but the other day i went to see him and was explaining how i got lost and he asked me to stay the night, when i asked where i'd sleep he offered me to stay with him, i said yes nothing happened (sextually) but he just held me through the night? does this mean anything? if so any ideas?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Danggggg he really likes you. Like really like you, he didn't even try too make a move, he just wanted to hold you! Hit em up more, and keep taking to him and hanging, you could end up looking him!

• i really hope so :) thanks for your help :)

What Guys Said 13

• Most of the younger guys are saying that he wanted to have sex with you if he invited you to spend the night.

1. He is a guy, so of course he wants to have sex with you, but. . . he is also a gentleman and did not want to take advantage of you. He may also be thinking that having sex too quickly in a relationship often leads to the relationship not lasting and he may be thinking about your long term potential.

2. Obviously, he is more of a gentleman that these other young guys who think every dude operates exactly the way that they do. There's some pretty good evidence about his character.

3. I have had a girlfriend spend the night without having sex. Just snuggling up, putting my arm around her, and whispering a few sweet things to her before we drifted off to sleep felt mighty fine. I still have sex on a regular basis so I am not saying this because of lack of options.

• Well if I offered my bed to share with someone I was seeing I am planning on it leading to sex. Otherwise I would offer the bed while I took the couch. Sounds like he just got nervous and didn't read the situation better.

If it was just a friend, then no big deal I have done that a lot with plenty of platonic female friends.

• Have his babies damn it.

• He was worried about you the fact that he was a complete gentleman to you proves this. DONT FRIENDZONE HIM -.-

• haha thanks for the advice and i don't plan too ! :)

• Stay the night = sex.

• 9 times out of 10 im wanting it to lead to getting naked together. But once in a while its just safer to stay the night and leave during daylight. Glad you had a good time. He sounds like a nice guy.

• he is absolutely incredible i enjoy the time we spend together :)
      thanks for your input ! :)

• Your welcome.

• Hmm a little strange. Did you fool around? I've never known a guy not to have sex or at least something close to it if a girl randomly spends a night. I'm sure you knew full well that you would potentially be having sex correct. I suspect he wanted to smash but possibly couldn't perform,

• It means he wants you to stay the night. What do you think it means?

• It just means he's being a nice guy duh!

• He's just being cool

• That you want to get laid...

• She wants the D.

• It means one of a few things. You could smell bad, he was too much of a puss to hit your puss or he was concerned about you getting lost back home. Take your guess. Middle one)