Will you only date people who listen to certain types of music?

I know people like a certain look such as "country guys" and "scene girls", but if someone doesn't have the same music taste as you, would you pass on dating them?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• nah, music is just a small part of interests one can have. that doesn't solely maintain a relationship :P

What Guys Said 5

• if a gal was into new-wave/synth-pop music as much as me it'd b fantastic basically... ^_^

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• I am not dating myself gees lol

• It's more of, I only tend to date people who don't listen to certain kinds of music.

If a girl likes country, rap, or Jamaican music, I instantly looses every ounce of attraction for her.

• It's like an extra nugget in a 10 pack. Just a happy bonus.

Now if she hated my music and I wasn't allowed to listen to it in her presence, then there's going to be issues.

• Well it's huge plus if she likes the same music as me, or at least the same type of music. And certain music tastes can be a deal breaker

What Girls Said 3

• I have a sweet spot for guys who listen to rock and look accordingly but that doesn't mean that I don't like other types of guys. It's not a big deal at all, everyone is differet and that's what's interesting, a guy doesn't have to love the same music I love. Music taste doesn't define a person 100%.

• Not really. I have to admit that guys who listen to early rock tend to attract me more, because it's my favorite type of music. But his taste in music doesn't define him, and as long as he isn't a directioner or belieber, why not? there's more to people than their taste in music

• Not really... even though I prefer a guy who has a similar taste in music as me - to me it just means he has good taste for art. And that he's not tone deaf.