Am I leading him on?

There is this guy who keeps on giving me compliments. He messages me all the time saying that I have a nice body and that he thinks I am perfect. He says that when I dont reply to one of his messages that he dies a little inside.
Clearly he likes me. I have spoken to him about this a few times and have made it clear that we are friends. When I see him during the week I am nice to him because he is a nice person and he is kind to me so I am kind back. Is that leading him on at all? Is that why he keeps on saying these things

I dont know what to say to him anymore so any advice would be great.
Yes I am gay as well and thats not the problem he just isn't my type. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I would do the same thing. I'm a pretty nice person and I wouldn't ignore a guy just cuz I wanna give him the impression that I'm not interested (unless I really really have to). So if u made it clear to him that ur not interested that way, then I think he got the memo and just keep being friendly. If not, tell him again and make it clearer. :)
    Good luck finny!

What Girls Said 2

• hmm. first thing, r u sure u feel nothing back? cuz u have to be sure within yourself first.

if u r, being nice never meant leading someone on. if he doesn't get the message, that's his problem and he will be making it harder for himself to get over u.

i think u should just continue to be yourself but dont give him as much attention as u normally would. like scatter ur eye contact a little more maybe, or shorten conversations, in a polite way of course. maybe that way he may understand that it is just platonic.

hope that helps a little mate!

• Be nice to him but maintain a distance. This has always worked for me but this could hurt him a lot, you could make him jealous or get close to other guys in front of him and slowly slowly he'll get the impression that you're not into him. Do it before its too late, before there are higher chances of him being crushed.

What Guys Said 3

• you are making it harder for him by being nice. Im not saying not talk to him or being an asshole but i think you get what i say. you must make him understand that you are not attracted to him

• Just tell him how it is; the more honest you are the better and the easier for him to recover

• Yes you are.