Why are most men on dating sites so desperate?

Been trying online dating for a few weeks and once I get talking to a guy, they seem to think that they need to show me how perfect they are for me, but I would rather just get to know them and decide that myself.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• because they are. Most guys on dating sites are sending a dozen messages for every single response they get, and most of those flame out immediately.

• Yes I'm sure most of that is because they are so desperate, just chill and talk about the weather, your job, your life, ask me about mine

• I wanna talk about how you are a lovely bit of crampet.

• I mean the asker, by the way.

• I think it's because most men are only on dating sites because they thought whatever they were doing wasn't working. They tried being cool and whatnot and it didn't work, so they hide behind the masque of the internet and throw out all they got and see what sticks. They've lost confidence in being themselves.

• As a guy knowing what I now know I wouldn't take dating sites serious. For a guy they are nothing more than a place to waste their hard earned and get scammed either by career scammer's or by girls looking for a loaded Prince charming Romeo on a dating site. Waste of money waste of time.

• I don't go on paying sites so its all free, if that makes a difference

• I been on free one's too. The girls on those sites don't even have the courtesy to read a message much less respond. Those sites are a total waste of time and effort and I wouldn't advise no guys to use them.

• coz they r DESPERATE 2 get a gal... can't u see? ;-)

• Because most guys come from a scarcity mindset, which is driven by the fact that there's always a huge imbalance between women and men on such dating sites.

• Because there is so much competition from other guys.

• well most men are not desperate some men are but not most they just try to hard to impress the women and sometime go overboard.

• Because the rest of us won't waste our time with the flaky girls that use dating sites.

• because they are

• Because guys are undesirable. Guys have to prove themselves to women and put in tons of effort to get realized. A woman is desirable purely because she's a woman

• Actually I think its just the opposite that a guy should do. Women do get attention much easily but when you know that's just because your female n not because you're you, it doesn't feel good to most normal women.

• If a guy didn't send out a bunch of messages on online dating he would be guaranteed to remain single.

• I'm not really talking about sending first messages, that never makes me think they're desperate. Its just that once we've exchanged a few messages they assume that I've chosen them as my boyfriend or something n start to try too hard. That's when it goes down hill. I'm the kind of girl who just sends first messages to guys who seem to have potential. Actually I've got very few first messages.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think they would need to try online dating if they could get a girl offline. So they are desperate because it't like their last resort.

• If they weren't desperate, they wouldn't be on a dating site in the first place.

• I'm on it and I'm not desperate, I just like getting to know new people

• @fearful That sounds like what the other guys keep complaining about. They really hate girls who just want to talk for some reason.

• How do a few messages mean I want to sail into the sunset with them. Plus if they never got to be so desperate I would have actually met up with them.