Is texting a crap way to get to know someone?

What if we both live long distance? I had a friend say that only texting a guy is the worst because I wouldn't be able to find out what he's like without hanging out with him in person. And then it turns into a textlationship instead. Any thoughts?

I did meet him in person, though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Texting is nice once you get to know someone already, a way to keep the communication going. However the best way to get to know someone is obviously in person.

Understanding that it is long distance I know that becomes an issue at this point in a relationship. SO the solution to that would be to pickup the phone and call them or even Skype, it allows for you two to have the natural human conversation flow and get to understand each others personality and quirks a bit better.

Don't text to get to know someone, at the very least give them a call.

What Guys Said 5

• Texting is not personable. I think it's cowardly. Talking over the phone is much better if it's long distance.

• Yes, it is terrible because you lose all non-verbal communication which is critical.

• It's a decent way to start to get to know someone but to really get to know them you need to meet in person.

• YES!!!

I hate it with a PASSION

• Yes it is.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, texting is a crap way to get to know someone.

• Texting is one thing and I've found it a good way to get to know someone. But to really know them you'd have to meet them :)

• You can kinda see their personality online but, it kinda is I guess.