What does it mean if he constantly asks if I love him?

My boyfriend knows I love him but is constantly asking if I do. Is this his way of reassuring himself or seeing if my feelings are genuine? or is it something else?

Most Helpful Guy

• The way i see it he's probably thinking that you're too good for him. This leads him to think you'll probably leave him for someone else and has made him insecure to the point that he has to constantly check if there are real feelings between the two of you or if the relationship is coming to an end soon.

This happens a lot specially for guys who are in their first relationship, since theyve never experienced this and dont want to screw it up they want to make sure theyre doing everything they can to prevent their first from being a disaster

What Guys Said 5

• He's getting too clingy with you by the sounds of it
    but if you don't mind that's up to you and he does sound
    a bit insecure he needs to give you breathing space

• that he;'s insecure i guess... :-/

• He just insecure about your feeling toward him.

• Definitely reassuring!

Do you say it to him a lot or maybe he feels like he has to "drag" it out of you?

• grande insecurit√© lady

What Girls Said 4

• It means he needs reassurance.

• He's never felt that way before, and he's insecure about it. Or maybe he just likes hearing you say those words.

• he's insecure.

• Sounds like he's just insecure about the relationship maybe feels like your distancing from him