Why would a girl suggest that we exchange contacts, ask for my number, but take forever/not reply to a text and apologize a lot saying they're busy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because she's busy.

• I've tried to ask her out on a date 3 times within 2 weeks. The first time she said "for sure. work is usually busy on saturdays, but if it gets slow then for sure." I never got a response back, so the following Tuesday I asked what her schedule was for that week and she apologized profusely for not texting back and said that she was working till the weekend and then going out of town until the following week. I then asked what day she would be available when she came back and she never texted back again. Can someone be THAT busy haha? I'm not sure if I should give up or not.

What Girls Said 2

• We like to have the knowledge that if we do decide to text you, we can. Or she could be a jerk falsely leading you on.

• Honestly, her friend probably told her something about you, or she's interested in another guy.

What Guys Said 1

• Because she's busy (and probably busy seeing other men, lol).

Sorry, she isn't very interested. If she was, she'd make the time.

• The thing that confuses me is that she asked me for MY number before we said goodbye. I don't understand why she would do that if she wasn't interested.