Using Jealously to One's Advantage?

So how often do woman use jealousy to make a guy they might be interested in, jealous? So lets say a guy likes a woman, and the worman in return is considering dating the guy. Would she out of the blue date another man for a short while, in order to make the considered guy jealous in order to see how he responds?

Have any of you girls ever done this? Did it work, did it back fire? How did you feel if ever back fired?
Guys, has this similar situation ever happened to you? Were you the guy the woman was intersted in? Or the temporary dater

In general is this a normal behavior or immature?

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't use jealously, I used my boobs lol. My boyfriend and I were in the early dating stage and I would always slightly tease him hoping it would make him want more. That's not the reason he finally asked me to be his girlfriend, but I'm sure it didn't work against me lolol.

What Girls Said 3

• It's horribly immature to use jealousy against your partner.

• I've never done this, is a way too dangerous method since he might lose interest altogether. Besides, I want a boyfriend who trusts me, if I got him jealous before we even started, how am I ever going to win his trust?

• I never do. I prefer to be mature in my relationships.

What Guys Said 2

• IMHO, I think girls use this trick like crazy in HS, quite a bit in college but less so--only with guys they are WAY into, and then less so after college (no one has time for much shit after college anyways). I. e. progressively less and less over time.

I hate to admit this but it totally works. My current girlfriend used it pretty successfully on me lol.

• My ex did that, I considered her immature and told her it did not make me want her more... and now she's my ex:)