Would you reject someone based on their race or religion even if your extremely attracted to them?

Say your a Latino female but there's this black male that your extremely attracted to because of his demeanor would you reject this man because of his different cultural background?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would. Because I know certain cultures will cause a strong conflict, or require heavy sacrifices to work. Example; a muslim man and a christian woman.
    Stereotypical? Yeah i know, but it's a recipee for disaster, especially if he's conservative. Or a conservative christian, and a die hard athist. That's highly unlikely to work out too.
    So there are areas and situations where i see it as so unlikely to work out that it's simply not worth it, or it requires compromising in so many areas that you potentially loose your own identity and self.
    This isn't racism, it's simply about being incompatible.

As for you, OP. That could be very much possible. It could be said latino chick realized that the culture of the black dude were one she did not want to get involved with (for whatever reason). The culture is a part of what you bring to the table, and it's just fair of her to take that into account when deciding if said black dude is worth chasing.
    It's not dumb or stupid or racist, it's simply about knowing your preferences, and knowing what you're ok with. It's perfectly acceptable to turn down a person if you know the cultural differences will result in you two being at eachother's throats all the time, because that would have been an unhappy relationship that would've not lasted.

What Girls Said 12

• No! that's a dumb reason to reject someone.

• I wouldn't reject them because of their race. If I'm attracted to them what difference does it make? However if they are too religious and it'd hinder the relationship I don't think I'd be able to go on with it for very long. If they can accept my own beliefs, however, I'm okay with it. I just don't like religion being crammed down my throat.

• Not because of race, that's really nothing to me. Religion and culture I think you need to be more cautious with.

• No of course not... that's a horrible thing to do

• If I like someone, I won't reject them because of their race. I don't care about race.

Religion however, I couldn't be with a religious person. Even if I liked them, I couldn't do it.

• Yes if it's just physical attraction and their life style and beliefs are not in sync with mind.

• For me religion is a dealbreaker, but never race.

• No of course not. That's pretty shallow.

• No, I wouldn't. I'd reject someone religion wise if they were a devil worshipper.

• No, never.

• Yes absolutely! Not race, but I would religion. I do not date Christians and I only date certain muslims. He really needs to convince me he is a good person, and doesn't believe in Hijabs or women not having rights.

• I'd reject them for their religion but not their race, religion can be a big part of your life and I'm not comfortable with some things that some religions believe

What Guys Said 9

• If I was attracted to them, than no I would not.

Regarding religion, I couldn't marry a girl if she wasn't a Christian. I'm a Christian (not a crazy, fundamentalist type though) but I don't see how we could work it out if we married. Date? Sure, but marriage would be too complicated.

• no who cares bout stuff like dat? o_O

• Ya.. I would based on their religion... cz I think long term

• Race: no
    Religion: yes

• Love is blind.. But I m not...

• Religion is definitely an obstacle for me.

• Yes if your girlfriend was ISIS she won't your shit off, just your dome

• For me, race and religion are not an obstacle in the relationship.

• Ya potentially. Unless I just wanted sex.