Would you date a girl with self harm scars and bad self esteem?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd want to take care of her, make her feel better about herself, but those kinds of relationships have the potential to leave the person helping the other in a situation where they get used, and I am not sure if I am willing to take that chance. I'd be her friend, don't get me wrong, and, if I thought it'd work, I'd try to date her.

What Guys Said 18

• well, if we are compatible in other ways that lead me to appreciate her, I would naturally be a fuel for her self esteem. So these attributes, alone, would not be a deterrent.

• np with scars basically!

• No. It's a red flag. I can't carry the emotional burden of a mentally scarred person since I only just recovered from 10 years of depression myself. It would wreck me.

However, I've met guys who are actually into it. Who find self harm scars attractive. That may sound weird but please remember that there is a fetish for literally anything these days.

• I'd be very concerned, it depends if it it's the past or not. If she's still going through all that then no...

• Yes and I have. Lots of men have a white knight syndrome (if only a little) and want to help the damsel in distress in hopes it becomes something more.

• I already did.

• If she was still doing it then no. Don't want to date a girl that id have to worry if she's going to hurt herself. If they are from the past and she's past that, probably.

• Sure, if it helps raise her confidence than sure.

• self harm scars is fine but the whole self esteem thing will grow old real quick

• yes as long as i was helping her not making it worse

• HELL NO!

I don't like to be around weaklings.

• Yes, if I cared none of that would matter just making her happy would be my focus.

• Yeah I would.

• Might be ok if she's 9+/10

• no that is a turn off

• My girlfriend is emo, so we connect really well. we both know how it feels to be ousted by society and have scars. Find a guy who would be willing to comfortably speak to you about this And not judge you.

• i wanna huge you :)

• Been there, done that. Ended very badly, so no, I wouldn't do that again.