He said he used to for the sake of the love of learning. How do I take care of him, pick him up, and help motivate him?

So my boyfriend is incredibly ambitious. He has three majors and two minors (Finance, Accounting, Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science). Not only is he usually ambitious, he is usually in fantastic shape, socially active, and always in good spirits. Lately, he has been seemingly depressed, has gained weight, getting sick a lot, completely burnt out, not wanting to see anyone, and he doesn't want to study. He told me he no longer sees the point of studying anymore. He said he used to for the sake of the love of learning. How do I take care of him, pick him up, and help motivate him? Finals is this week, and I know he would want to do well and keep his 3.9 GPA... I need short term and long term advice asap!!!

He is so brilliant and I hate to see him like this. I would do anything to watch him succeed! Thank you for advice so far! he couldn't even stay awake or concentrate today and went to bed already (7:30pm our time).

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to him about what is wrong and give him a huge pep talk. Be there for him and encourage him. Be super loving and caring. Everyone goes through rough times and having someone there for you makes it 100 times better.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Be there for him. Tell him not to give up when he is so close to his goal. Talk to his parents