Guys, what do you think about the typical gender roles with dating?

Guys, so many girls are told that we can't make the first move because guys are supposed to be the ones who are supposed to do that. Would you be fine with a girl making the first move or is it as desperate as our mothers and other have been telling us?

• Make the first move
    89% (39)
  • Girls shouldn't make the first move
    11% (5)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls saying it is "desperate" are just too afraid to make moves themselves. If you like a guy and you show interest, you get his priority attention compared to the wallflower who is too afraid to make a move because now you're interested in him and he sees that you take initiative. This isn't to say that a guy should take the typical stance these wallflower girls are taking and be wallflowers themselves. If you like someone, just say hello. If they're not interested, it's not the end of the world.

What Guys Said 15

• In my opinion and what I tell so many girls, the sexiest and most attractive thing is when a girl is proactive and doesn't live in the stereotype where the man has to always text or call first, or organise a date first, touch, hold hands, kiss etc..

Some things like grabbing the cheque, opening the doors and other gentlment like behaviour.. sure and it should be good practise for most guys but down the line it get's extremely frustrating if the girl doesn't initiate anything on her own.

So, go for it and try and have it both ways, you some, he some !

• of course in our days it doesn't matter who'll make da 1st move basically ;-)

• It's only desperate if she get down on the ground and begs me to go out with her.

• no its not desperate. you taking the lead shows us that you really are interested in us and want to go out with us.

• Most guys are hardwired to overestimate a girl's interest, so you'd be doing us a huge favor by approaching most of the time.

• It is not desperate, it's 2015. So much of those old traditions are out the window.

• Fuck gender roles. All I wanted was to clean the house :(

• I've had girls make the first move, nothing wrong with that. If you like someone, might as well try or else nothing may ever happen.

• Desperate, forward, confrontational, etc.. I believe your Mom is correct for any number of reasons.

• I feel it shouldn't matter who makes the first move. What matters is if you like the person too.

• I really don't see a problem with that, it would be pretty neat if a girl asked me out.

• i don't mind... but then it's normal.

• shouldn't matter sine the females want to be treated equal.

• If you like someone just ask him! Maybe he likes you as much!

• I prefer girls who make the first move ;)