A possible dilemna with my best female friend?

I have been best friends with this girl for about 7 years. We hang out about 5 times a week if not more. Now recently she sent me a text stating that she is dating someone who we both know ( she used to work with him and I met him a couple times). Now my question is, should she have told me in person or was texting this ok in this situation? It has really caught me out of the blue. I also have had feelings for her but have never been able to tell her at the risk of either losing her friendship or making it awkward.

Any input would be appreciated.

What Girls Said 1

• Considering it doesn't sound like you told her you have feelings for her, she may not have known that you'd care if she started dating someone that wasn't you. I think a text was fine but hopefully you're close enough that she'll talk to you in person about it too

What Guys Said 1

• dude it really mnakes NO difference whether she was telling u this in person or text... ;-)