Would you like to date a girl who is smarter than you?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• I would only date her if she's great to be around. I find intelligence to be hot, but there are more important characteristics than intelligence or looks such as personality.

What Guys Said 19

• No, because she would not find a "dumber guy" very appealing.

But at the same time I don't mind letting her feel like the smart one. Apparently that's the secret to surviving over the long term. Then again, I've never genuinely "backed down" in relationships which marked the beginning of the end in all cases. So, IDEALLY I'll let her feel like the smart one but it just doesn't happen.

She has to be legitimately smarter than me, in which case she's way too good for me.

• what happens if you fall in love with a girl and she happens to be smart than you what would you do?

• Don't take my opinions too seriously, I'm different.

But to answer your question, my action depends on whether or not she loves me. Unfortunately girls don't just say these things upfront so that makes for an awkward situation.

• I would have to be positive at the very beginning that things could work out because it's not that I wouldn't mind a smarter girl, it's that most girls wouldn't want a dumber man.

• She can't be smarter in everyway, i mean cmon only i know how to make my special breakfast... she don't know! SHE'LL NEVER KNOW

Also, she probably wouldn't prod me in the eye which is a win.

• Whether i would like it or not the answer is no, but that being said i need a girl who has brains because what's after all the sex and romance and things like that? Well, conversation and if i can't talk to my soul mate about stimulating topics then I don't think the relationship will last that long. That is my opinion, but most guys could care less what the fuck their girlfriend has in her skull.

• I wouldn't have a problem with that.

• Yes, I would love to date a woman like that. But I think it's best if neither partner feels the other is definitely smarter. It's best if both just think that the other one has different strengths.

• Yes I would but I'm pretty academically smart as it is so it may be hard to find someone like that...

• Yes, as long as she wasn't a smart alek and disrespecting of me.

• Yes. High utility.

• Hah yeah that would be cool, I like smart girls.

• Of course I will. I'll probably learn a thing or two and feel somewhat smarter being around her.

• Sure, as long as she is humble

• Sure I would.

• yes as long as she don't try to make me look or feel like an idiot.

• Yes, as long as she is not acting like a know it all, bragging about it, or always being technical

• Yes I would

• Smarter > dumb

• Would I? Yes.
    Would she date someone less intelligent? Probably not.

Women tend to date upward--guys with more status, money, intelligence, etc than she has. If a guy doesn't offer her upward mobility in domains that are important to her, not only is she unlikely to date him, she will probably also treat him with contempt.

So to more fully answer your question--no I wouldn't, because of her choices, not mine.

Plus I haven't met a woman smarter than me yet.

• If she's "girlfriend material" yes