Girls, would you rather have a man who takes care of you emotionally than financially?

My boyfriend is a sweet guy, always there for me emotionally or if I have a problem. However, he cannot provide for me financially and never has any money. I love him very much and we are talking about marriage but I am not sure that he will able to provide a life for us. Girls do you think it's more important if a guy can provide financially or more emotionally? What would you do if you had a guy like this?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Any guy can switch his life around and start to make bank, but it takes a special kind of guy to provide for his woman emotionally and make sure she's ok in her whole heart, soul, and mind. That's the kind of thing that can't be bought or taught, and shouldn't be dropped. it's the difference between a "house" and a "home", "living together" and "sharing a life". Where there is a will there is a way and where there is love there will be happiness, laughter, and an abundance of many things that money just simply cannot provide❤️🏡💏

What Girls Said 20

• A guy who treats me with love, respect and dignity, and who tries to do right by me is most important. I don't need to be provided for financially. I would have a hard time being with someone who needed me to provide for him financially, though, as I think I would feel frustrated and would likely lose attraction.

• I make more money than him and it's like sometimes I wish he could do more financially for me

• Emotionally because that's what makes a relationship last, I could never be with an asshole just because he was rich. I mean being with someone who is irresponsible with money or has a gambling problem would be a deal breaker, but if he just doesn't make a lot of money that's completely different. My boyfriend and I are young so neither of us can get very decent paying jobs but he's responsible with managing money, except when it comes to buying me things though honestly I'm guilty of the same thing if I see something I know he'd love I can't help myself! Though at my age going into university together we are bound to be broke no matter what :(

• Emotionally, I can buy my own stuff and take care of myself. Thank you very much.

• If he's struggling but trying to make his financial situation better, then I'd stick with him. As long as he's actually trying. If he's just flushing money down the toilet or he's not even trying to get a better job or work a few extra hours then I couldn't stay in that relationship. We could be friends, but the relationship wouldn't work.

• I would want a guy who makes me happy and can provide for me emotionally. It's hard for me to connect with people on an emotional level, let alone let them into my thoughts, and if someone has a heart of gold and can handle me at my worst... he's the one. And sometimes when people don't have money now doesn't mean they won't later.

• Totally! You can both provide for yourselves together! Its not all about money. if He really loves u and is there for u and makes you happy, u should keep him. Unless u d like to sit at home doing nothing and expect the man to provide. U r not a baby anymore. Do something , work and don't depend on anyone else but urself. I'd put love above money, always!

• Emotionally is way more important to me.

• Is there any hope of him getting financially stable in the future? Is he innovative, hardworking, goal orientated?
    I wouldn't say leave him if you love him enough you'll stay through the good and the bad. What if you never find someone like him

I would stay with him, work hard together get that money.

• He's very hardworking just cannot manage money very well

• I would let him love me. You can work hard together & get through life financially, but life is too hard without love & someone in your corner.

• Yes I would. I don't depend on guys to do anything for me cause they 'll eventually start complaining about, how your not doing this & that.

• Look, finances correlates strongly with emotional stability. So you need to have both.

• he should be able to do both.. you need emotional support and at the same time financial stability. you can live on love for the rest of your life. you have to be practical too..

• That's true, thank you!

• Yes I want a man who takes care of me emotionally. Finacially I don't give a crap. Emotionally means more.

• No I would rather have a guy who can provide for me emotionally more than financially

• I honestly don't need anyone's money I earn my money and I prefer a man who gives me his all

• Get married. It's all boost how much they love you.

• I feel much better not being babied. I don't mind who makes more, him or me, but I would feel like absolute crap if he supported me like if he was a parent. I would much rather have emotional support.

I actually just watched a video about this where a guy asked if he should stay with his irresponsible girlfriend who can't manage a penny to save her life. Their advice was basically if she takes pride in being lazy, doesn't want to pursue anything, and is just going to be dependent for the rest of her life and drag him down or not let him advance, then cut her out. However, if he's just someone down on his luck and he's actually trying and working hard, I would say see where it goes.

Video mentioned is by YouTube channel, Askthefeels. Video: should I break up with my irresponsible girlfriend?

• I'd rather have a guy be there for me emotionally. If we love each other for the rest of our lives, we can both work hard to support each other.

• I've lived in the EXACT same situation for 8 years. It sucks. Ask the people below which one of them have actually experienced such a thing. My husband is the best emotional supporter in the whole world. I love him. He is the most valuable person in the world to me. He has a great character, heart of gold, honesty, kindness, patience... But the financial is tearing us apart. Life is hard and can easily throw you a curved ball. I'm not saying marry a rich jerk, but a poor dear is just as bad. Look deep into yourself and him. Ask yourself. Why is he poor? (If it's not any obvious/weird material reason, then it's most probably a subtle yet important mental issue.) Why are you attracted to such a person in the first place? Are you so lacking and hurting in the emotional department that you need such huge amounts of support? It could be very costly to you. AND HIM!
    8 years down the road I've discovered that I have some underlying issues. No amount of love he gives me seems to be enough. He is tired and frustrated and hurt and feels like a failure because he can't take away my pain. (it's not something another person can do for you. You are the only person who can help it.) I am suffering emotionally, and also physically due to the extreme and double extreme efforts I have to make to cover things financially. He has seemingly subtle issues too that have caused serious financial damage to him in the past and present. It's a miracle we have survived until now. We may go overboard any minute. We both work very hard. 45hours a week at minimum wage even though we are both educated. We're in our late 30's and still can't afford kids. We're on the edge of cheating, divorce, depression and physical damages too because of over stressing and not being able to afford healthcare (even though it's become a lot cheaper recently). We're both good people and seem normal on the outside. But it's so obvious to us how the issues are doing their part.

• You still have time. Give it a year or two. Work out your own problems.
      I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish I could help.

• I don't think it worked because we were both anonymous. I'll turn off the "anonymous" from my opinion. Please message me as soon as you can, so I can turn the "anonymous" back again.

• I've requested you

• I think emotionally support is more important for me for sure money is important to live but i think both men and women can make the seam money. So I wpuldnt care if can help me finatially I actually like to put some money in a marriage as much as i enjoy buying gifts to the guy i like and paying on a date.