Is it ok for a 26 year old guy and 16-17 year old girl to date. They have a lot of fun together and have never had sex. It's not illegal either?

• weird
  • not weird
She also gets along well with my 5yr old son

Most Helpful Girl

• YES, it is EXTREMELY creepy and weird. He is damn near 30 and he's showing a romantic interest in someone who hasn't even finished high school -_- Someone who's still processing puberty. Someone who hasn't even entered the realm of adulthood. It's a red flag.

If a 26 year old ever messed around with my 16 or 17 year old kid sister, cousin, or friend's sister, I'd have my eyes on him like a hawk and make sure he pays if he does anything even mildly inappropriate...

What Girls Said 7

• It's not weird if you're not doing anything illegal.
    The age difference is not THAT big, she's almost 18 and that's pretty much when age becomes irrelevant.
    Have fun!

• When I was 16-17 I was seeing a guy that was almost 30. Back then I didn't see what the big deal was. Now that I'm 21 and I look back, I feel like he was probably a pervert and wanted a young, dumb girl. He was probably inexperienced and bad at picking up girls his own age.

I think it's strange personally. But if you're both happy, who are we to judge?

• It's pretty weird!

• It's weird. Go find an older girl.

• How can you say it's not illegal? IT IS!!! You are practically dating a child. For a 16 year old it's interesting. But you are an adult, you should know better!!! You even have a son come on!!!

• I think its fine not just saying because I'm 17 but some girls are attracted to older guys and some guys like younger girls its fine if everyone says its weird but if I say gays weird then everyone gets anger

• I would just wait until she was 18 just to be on the safe side far as the sex thing but beyond that no

What Guys Said 4

• What I find weird is how a guy who's nearly 30 can relate mentally to a girl who's 16... seems to me that he has a lot of problems.

• She would have another year or two left to go in high school so what would a 26 year old want with a 16-17 year old? What does her parents think of the to of you dating? Do they know you have a 5 year old son? How did you two meet? I think it is creepy that you want a 16-17 year old.

• I say weird creepy

• yes!! that is really weird date a girl in her 20s