Long distance relationship with someone you have never met?

Should i stay faithful to a guy i have never met yet but planning to meet in the next few months? Would this relationship even work out? We live on two different continents! We've talked for a long time but not met yet. He says he loves me, is it even possible?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I could not do long distance but it's a matter of how the individual person feels. If you think that this relationship could be real then yes, stay faithful to him. You should stay faithful regardless though if you made a commitment to someone, that's the right thing to do. As for if the relationship will work out or not, it depends. Maybe it will and maybe it won't but there's only one way to find out.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes it's possible and yes u should start faithful
    Plus it's just a few months so why blow your chances for a one night stand

• I have tried this across the country but she usually got bored and stopped talking to me. If you always talk to each other and video chat, plus have a plan to move closer then I think it has a chance.

• its possible cause I know someone that went to a guy she never knew and got married after time and now expecting a child

What Girls Said 7

• Brutal honesty here: these types of relationships do not usually work out. If you have never met face to face, you are not aware of each other's habits. You do not know if you will annoy the shit out of each other, or if you have any real chemistry. Furthermore, LDRs only work for short periods of time.

• Very true. Shit I dated a girl from Chicago and I live 45 mins away in the suburbs and it didn't work out because she was available when I wasn't and vice versa. Her not having a car made it difficult. Besides that there wasn't issue, but the distance alone can make it tough. It only lasted 2-3 months.

• It most likely will not work out.

• It is possible if you are both committed and consistent. In the long run one of you will have to make a change. It's possible but difficult.

• I agree with 9mfeo. I also think LDR relationships are better when you've dated in real life, then had to make it long distance for whatever reason. Though I'm not for this type of relationship, some make it work out this way. But if you live in two different continents and have yet to meet together, I say waiting a few months may not be the best idea. And it may be emotionally hard to deal with considering how far he is.

But it's up to you

• 0|0
  • u have'nt met him dont say faithful and keep your hopes up let it be a online dating thing get your head init but dont let your heart get caught init stay in a distance so u dont get let down

• yes its possible and things can work out if you really love him make everything you can to make it work.