Need advice on what to say back to his text?

I have been talking to this guy for two months now. We have know each other for a year though. Today I text him asking him if he wanted to hangout and he text back saying I don't know in class and I respond saying well if you want to hangout let me know and he said "k" by the way he was texting back he seemed like he was interested in talking to me. But Hours later he replied back saying Not going to work out, so I don't want to ruin your day. When he send that I automatically thought he was talking about done talking to me and I was kinda freaking out because I really like him so I respond backing saying " are you responding to my question about hanging out right. 15 minutes later he replied back saying yes it is, sorry. Finishing work out, then going for a run. Shower then sister when he told me that I didn't know to respond the last text he send me I'm not going to lie I am kinda mad because I want to hangout with him but the thing is I still don't know what to respond to his text I just need advice on that. If it matter he is 33 and I am 24. The picture below his the conversation. I am the green bubble and he is the grey one.

What Guys Said 1

• There's not much you can say to that. I'd way for him to text you asking to hang out

What Girls Said 1

• doesn't sound very interested, sorry.
    Instead of hanging out with cute girl, he prefers some sisters.