Girls, Ladies, Females: Do you want a guy to hold your hand on a first date?

This question is for women who are dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. I am not asking about meeting a guy for a ONS or to set up a friends with benefits . Are you glad that a guy wants to hold your hand and express some affection on a first date or do you feel that it is too presumptuous and overly familiar?

• Yes, I want him to hold my hand and I hope he'll do more before the evening has ended.
    13% (6)
  • Yes, I want him to hold my hand. It shows that he is interested.
    26% (12)
  • Maybe if I am feeling some chemistry cooking between us.
    45% (21)
  • I'll tolerate it but I wish he wouldn't do it!
    0% (0)
  • I'd prefer that he not try and I won't let him do it.
    6% (3)
  • It's grounds for ending a date early.
    0% (0)
  • I've never had a guy try to hold my hand on a first date.
    10% (5)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

9

Most Helpful Girl

• I like holding hands if there is chemistry and if we are watching a movie. If we are walking together I actually prefer to link arms with the guy like the old fashion way - he holds out his elbow and I put my hand through. But do guys like that? Or not?

• I like that better. Hands get sweaty.

• Yeah I agree hands get sweaty... plus it makes me feel more like a lady and protected by my man - I can cuddle up to him more easily.

• Thanks for MHO :-)

What Girls Said 8

• It depends on how well we know each other!

• Yes, that shows he is interested.

• I definitely would want him to hold my hand and if the date goes well he may have earned a small evening kiss😊 I'm a very affectionate person so if a guy avoided touching me on a date id take it as a sign of him not being interested

• Me = a serial dater who HATES holding hands anytime, with anyone irrespective of how long I have been seeing them.

• Although I am a hopeless romantic I don't like holding hands anytime.. If someone holds my hand it feels like I'm on a leash

• I don't know I just think it's cute if he tries to hold my hand. I think just it shows that he wants an actual relationship

• Me and my boyfriend never went on a date yet... but we still hold hands in school.

• No guy has ever tried to hold my hand. Never had hand holding, or link arm and arm. They love giving me hugs, though.

I guess on the first date it might be a bit much, unless the date was really long and we had great chemistry. Then I think I'd like it.