How do I stop obsessing over every guy?

I feel like I've been doing that my whole life, but it's especially strong since I broke up with my last boyfriend.
Every time a guy takes me out on a date, or flirts with me or shows interest in me, I'll be fine at first, but then I'll slowly start obsessing about them. I'll think about them every second of the day and wonder why they're not calling me. And I'll be very unhappy.

I realize they're just a phase and that I'll move on to the next one soon and feel stupid about the previous one. But I don't understand why it happens.
I go out a lot, I hang out with my friends, I go to my favorite parties every weekend, I exercise, I read, I work with animals and I have a really good job. And then, as soon as a guy pops in, suddenly he's all I think about, and I start to crave his attention.

Do you have any idea why this happens and how to stop it? It stresses me out constantly, I just want to live my life, but I keep on thinking that they're indispensable to my happiness (while rationally knowing they're not).

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1