Girls, is it impossible to start a relationship when you're "figuring yourself out"?

Say you're having some life troubles be it and recent breakup, figuring out career paths, work, stress or just busy.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like someone has said this to you recently.

It isn't impossible but it makes everything harder. One step at a time. I'd rather be single figuring my life out than with someone. I would feel pressured to include that person in my future plans, no matter how the stage of the relationship. It is easier on everyone involved and more practical to have you goals figured out, (and yourself [especially after a breakup]). Getting out of a relationship can really effect a person's take on things and leave you with a lot of thinking to do.

What Girls Said 11

• It depends... if it's in regards to what you want in relationships as well as everything else then it needs to be sorted beforehand. It isn't fair to the person you're dating or wanting to get close to, if you turn around and say that you need time to go find yourself. Without her, I mean. Because then you shouldn't really have been dating, but sometimes we don't see these things till later.

If you're focusing on career and advancements then I think it's fine. As long as you can allow time for the other person. We tend to all grow as people through our interactions so it's certainly possible. :)"

• I was a kinda a mess when I met my boyfriend. I would take some time though, the recent breakup, I dont know about that one. You should take some time and just, get over the person. Don't jump into anything right away. If the person really likes you, they'll understand and wait around until you're ready.

• no, because then you won't have the capacity to involve yourself into a relationship and into some private moments with your partner so i suggest you to figure out yourself and your "identity" before getting involve in one. Plus you're young so you still have lots of time! :)

• I think its silly to be in a relationship if your not happy with yourself

• The thing is you are not sure of what you want yet, involving someone else might end up hurting them and setting you back even further or it might go completely the other way and be just what you need. Either way I think it's better to figure stuff out before involving someone else but thats just me. Good luck figuring things out

• It is not impossible take it from me. I broke up with my ex and a week and half later my current boyfriend asked me out ya i just ended a relationship but hey he hadn't done it then we would have never made it this far and we are almost at a year now. my advice for you is go out there into the world and find someone who you really love and it will last. Hope this helps you a little

• No because there's a lot of people who do so all the time.

• It is possible but not recommended.

• NoPe... It's all good, usually when your not lookin the good ones come around

• what if you just got out of a messy relationship

• but in the girls case, should I even bother? she still seems a little confused form her past one but says he wants to be with me

• Just follow her lead I guess be willing to go slow good luck

• Not really because you won't be able to fully immerse yourself in the relationship

• I think it is but it`s probably better not to unless you`re both really flexible because those things could break it in the long run.