Guys, would you date a girl that didn't own a vehicle?

Say you were on a dating website, and found her profile appealing. You message back and forth and are ready to have a first date, but she tells you she doesn't have a car any more. She says she can get a ride to where the date is happening, though. Would you still go out with her?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait, owning a car is a must to date. No ways. My girlfriend had no car when i dated her... and i went out with her because i feel in love with her. I a guy doesn't date you because you don't have a car then leave him... he's not worthy of you

• Aww that is sweet! Thank you for your response.

• My Pleasure, i'd date a girl for the person she is and the feelings i have for her

What Guys Said 22

• Yes, I would date a girl who didn't own a vehicle. If anything, it seems a girl wouldn't date a GUY without a vehicle, because girls like material things.

I have a car she can ride around with me in. I could care less.

• My car broke down, basically I need a new one. But honestly I could care less if the guy I dated had a car, as long as we both could meet up somehow. :)

• @Asker Well that's refreshing to hear you're not materialistic.

Anyway, guys are picky as well but usually about different things. Men are more visual than women, so a guy is likely to reject a girl based on her looks or weight, as opposed to anything else.

• I do know some girls that are materialistic, I'm just not one of them. :)
      Yeah I think I have sensed that about guys. I think I look decent, I mean people tell me I'm pretty, but it's subjective. But that is good to know! With summer coming up, I have 3 months off and would like to date, but I was curious about not having a car at the moment. On dates, we don't have to spend money, I will bike there and we can go for a walk on the beach or something. Guy doesn't have to pay for me at all, just needs to be able to meet me there.

• Depends on the distance. I've dated a girl I met off POF who lived in the city and I live in the suburbs 45 mins away. I don't trust my car in the city so I'd either take the train or she'd take the train out to me. It didn't last long. So it all depends on the situation, distance, etc but if I liked her enough then why not?

• That is true, I can understand that. Certain circumstances are different. Thanks for your response!

• so wot? i dislike vehicles as well... so... :-P

• I don't mind cars, mine just broke down haha. :)

• Yes. Wouldn't matter. But I wouldn't let her get dropped off, I'd go to her, if that's what she wanted of course

• Aww, that is really nice! :)

• If a guy says that you must have a car, then he is not date-worthy.

But honestly, I hope my girlfriend have a car because I do not have a driving license and is not likely to obtain one in the short term, which means if both of us do not drive, it is inconvenient for both of us.

But it does not matter, really does not matter if you do not have one.

• Good to know, thank you! :)

• Lol no. I would be severely limiting my pool if I did. Plus a hypocrite. Many people here use bikes/public transport.

• Probably, but I wouldn't taxi her around. If she thought I was a bad boyfriend for that, I'd tell her to shut the fuck up and dump her.

• Oh yeah, I wouldn't tolerate that nonsense either!

• I don't have a car either. I live in a big city right next to a transit station.

• Oh yeah, that is convenient! :D

• I don't think it owning a vehicle should be part of any criteria to date someone... Its a car. Like sure it'd be a convenience but nothing that should turn you away if not owned.

• Good to know, thank you! :)

• Yep, I'd be happy to pick her up if she wanted me to.

• Aww that's so nice! :)

• Sure, that's not a deal breaker by any means

• Good to know, thank you! :)

• How long till she gets a car?

• Hopefully by the fall...

• That is pretty awesome, I like comics as well. The owner and workers know me, but I don't have a cubby. :'(

Well, some people are jack asses, those on bikes sometimes think they own the road, which is wrong. Same as pedestrians that just cross the street without looking. What happened to looking both ways and following rules of the road? I do my best to follow the rules, so I do not endanger other people even if they are idiots. But I understand, you had a negative experience which is why you think that way about cyclists. Thankfully "not all" are like that, just wish it was more common for people, drivers or cyclists, or walkers, to be courteous and respect each other.

• Yeah I dig. I don't have a problem with cyclists I just keep eyes peeled for that one guy so I can creep up on him and find out where he lives then I go to his house dressed like a ninja and suplex him through a glass table. Preferably his own coffee table.

• Its completely fine.

• Good to know, thank you!

• Yea of course, a car shouldn't be important

• Thanks for your response!

• nO. THEN SHE'LL BECOME TO ME AND MY CAR. i AIN'T HER BUTLER, WHEN SHE SHOULD BE MY MAID.

• Yes!!! With out a doubt!!!

• Ah I see, thank you for your response!

• Probably not a big deal. Unless she's some kind of die hard hioppy.

• Oh I see haha. Mine just broke down, and not sure when I can buy a new one.

• Oh. Then I recommend Lincoln.

• Thank you for the tip! :D

• All my life, I was thinking that it's men who must have a vehicle.

• Oh... I never really thought of it that way. I guess it doesn't really bother me, but was just curious. :)

• Yeah I would drive you not having a car dosen't mean anything everbody doesn't have a car

• That is really sweet of you :)

• Yes I would did it when I was young i can do it again

• Good to know, thank you!

• If we lived in New York City or Chicago, no problem.

If we lived in Los Angeles, huge problem.

• True, location would probably play a big factor! LA traffic sucks so much... New York I took a taxi to my friend's studio apartment and we just walked around. Chicago I drove through, so not sure. Minneapolis I had to drive around, but San Antonio I could walk around as well.

• The question is, would you date a guy without a vehicle

If yes then we were meant for each other.

• Yes, I don't see a problem with that. As long as he can meet me somewhere for our date, and I can get there (probably ride my bike there).