Is it cheating if its just a crush?

I have been in a relationship over 5 years and this past yr its been a long distance relationship. We see eachother only on weekends. And there's a new guy at my job who is very attractive and i think i developed a crush on him. I think worst off all he likes me too. I catch him staring or getting close and he's very open with everyone but me, he acts very shy and gentlemanly. He says things like we should get to know eachother, we would be good together that i can call him. by the way he knows i am in a relationship. Im scared to lose my boyfroend and i do not want risk anything either. I feel very guilty but nothing has or will happen. What can i do , i work with the guy everyday... i avoid him as much as possible...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not but you are right to avoid him!

What Guys Said 2

• what does avoiding going do anything? You already clear you in relationship, and be clear you got no interest in him. What ever he want to do after, up to him, He can be friends or what ever. Your are not cheating if break off with your boyfriend and date this guy. your don't have be with your boyfriend forever

• I don't think its technically cheating, but if i were in ur BFs shoes, and i found out, i certainly wouldn't be happy.

All you can do is try to keep your mind off of him until the feelings subside.

What Girls Said 2

• Just keep on avoiding him and don't lead him on in any way

• Stop cheating