What goes through your head when you have to reject someone who confessed their feelings to you,(mostly directed to girls but guys can chime in too)?

this especially applies to if they are/were good friend

also how do you look at them, from then on? does this change the relationship much?

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally speaking, if they're a friend, I feel really guilty and hope they're not too hurt. That they confessed is impressive, but regardless, if I've decided not to even give the guy a chance, there's probably a good reason. Not necessarily a character flaw, but an incompatibility.

I'll also worry he won't want to be friends anymore, that things will get awkward, or that I led him on somehow. :/

What Girls Said 4

• I feel bad, but some people really are better friends than partners.

And things like this have to be done.

• I feel really bad but try to be as nice as I can.

• I would feel bad, but I'm just being honest and it's best to remain as friends

• I feel terrible, and I wonder why they do this when I have done nothing to show I am interested in them :/

What Guys Said 2

• This never happened to me so I don't know but I'd feel very uncomfortable and give myself some space. Try to let go of them nicely and ignore it as much as I can.

• It makes you feel crappy but even more so it's really awkward.