Is this the reason I am still single?

Okay so i am 22 , never been in a relationship, I have this problem of being very selective when it comes to guys! I always prefer the guy with looks rather than nature, i dont usually settle for whatever i could get but for what I can't have!! Is this the reason i m still single?

Most Helpful Guy

• More than likely, this is the reason why you've never been in a relationship and you're still single.

So, you're picky about looks? That's surprising in a way, since most women your age focus on money. Anyway, here is the problem: You ask out the guys you find good-looking but they reject you. You also never get asked out by the good-looking guys. On the other hand, you never ask out guys you don't find good-looking and you always reject the guys you don't find good looking. It's a vicious cycle, am I right?

You remind me of this girl I met two years ago. She was 20 years old (same age group though) and was picky about guys (I don't know why she was picky but she was.) Basically, she liked my friend but he didn't like her back, however, I liked her but she didn't like me and rejected me countless times... and my friend rejected HER countless times. We were in a silly triangle and she ended up blocking me and my friend. She was ridiculous.

Please, quit being so picky, especially about something as superficial as looks.

• Its not just looks, but also the personality you know, for example there was this guy in my office who was handsome and funny and was famous for his wit, so i felt inclined towards him even though i never hang out with him or known him ghat much !!! Is it still superficial? and money is never my concern, i am a well earning and living on my own person!!

• @Asker I don't think it's superficial but you just need to think realistically if they're attracted to you in return...

• @Asker Regardless of the reason, I think you're being too picky in general. Sometimes, you have to give guys a chance you wouldn't normally.

What Guys Said 6

• It sounds like it is mostly for the reasons you described, you are very selective and go for what you cannot have.

• Maybe you're like me. You like something because you believe you can't have it. Once it's obtainable you lose interest.

• It was a reason but you have your pretence which can make you comfort so be like that may it take time bit finally you will meet a nice person😊

• It's probably part of the reason, have you beeen asked out a lot?

• Yeah quite few times but I wasn't interested in any of them!

• Ouch!! I m not that bad looking!! 😉

• I'm sure you look great just pray those hot guys out there think the same... In my experience the really exceptionally hot guys will not settle with just one girl at this young age...

• blah blah, that's your own fault then, if you really wanted a bff.. you would have dropped those standards...

• Yes. Not only you, but most of the girls prefer looks over nature. May be you're too selective 😁😁

What Girls Said 2

• Not necessarily. I'm in the same boat with you it's just people might think I'm too arrogant on top of my masculine actions. You're just going to ask guys that are close to you.

• You don't think it could possibly be due to the fact she's picky about a guy's looks?

• @CincinattiRedsFan it could be a small part but how attractive she is would be a larger factor for that. I'm insanely picky about looks but I still get guys I like physically. They just turn out to be jerks or I scare them off with my qualities.

• @CincinnatiRedsfan

• sounds like you already know the answer