Would you ever date someone outside of your religion? And if you don't believe in anything, would you date someone who follows some type of religion?

This is just a question about preference. Please do not degrade on any religious affiliations/nonbelievers.

Do you believe love conquers faith? Or would you attempt to have the other person follow your beliefs/disbeliefs

I personally don't care too much, only if the other person is open minded. Especially, one who does not discourage my beliefs or that is to hard-headed to accept what I believe in. I myself would not care in what he believes/does not believe in.. Well, actually I care, but not to push him in to doing something he does not want..

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a Christian and i am willing to date someone that doesn't believe or someone that believes in another religion as long he is ok with me being a Christian. I was about to date a guy that didn't believe in religion especially Christianity but he was a great guy and i was willing to accept how he feels and he didn't mind being with me because i don't argue with him about it.

What Guys Said 7

• Being religious is the opposite of open-mindedness, the more religious you are, the less accepting you are to anything that violates your dogmatic thinking. I have a friend who is Christian and it is truly an inspiration for her to become a better person, but unfortunately, she is the rarest breed - as she would be a great person even if she wasn't religious in the first place.

As such, I am not sure I could live for a prolonged period of time with someone who claims that choose to have their lives controlled by the Church (be that of Christianity, Islam, or anything else that forces you to believe in a deity based on their holy book). I like the core morals of Christianity, but I don't like all the "weird" stiff that comes along with it - belief in god, going to church, praying, reading the Bible thinking it is established history, etc.

Eventually, it would bug me.

• I would as long as they're not a religious nut.

• I'm religious but I will date anyone as long as I don't have to follow a lot of rules I don't care what they profess belief in.

• I prefer not to date outside my religion this is due to my own personal experiences on the matter.

• I don't have anything against religious individuals. I would date a religious individual but not adopt the religion itslef.

• Yes I would, but only if the person I was with had similar ethics and morals.

• I do not care in what she believe i will respect will respect her belives , it 's all about love

What Girls Said 6

• I couldn't date someone who didn't believe in God. But I'm a Christian and my boyfriend is Catholic. So far it hasn't affected our relationship. Before we got together though, he had to ask me to make sure, if we got married, if we raised our children Catholic. Which is fine with me.

• I would and did, now we're married :)

• I would as long as he does not convert me to his

• I'd prefer not to, if we ended up having kids or getting married there would be too many conflicts.

• I believe in God, but i don't have a religious faith. It would all depend on how orthodox his beliefs were. If he practiced his religion i'd ssume he wouldn't marry anyone outside his faith. I would be concerned if he abided by his beliefs in a strict sense , for fearing he'd try to control me In all aspects of my life.

• Yes, I would definitely date someone outside my religion. Being Greek Orthodox, the possibilities are pretty limited (just Greek boys) but I've always had Christian boyfriends