Girls, if you had to choose which guy to date like the one who's the same age as you vs the one who's a year older, which would win your heart?

If you was on a dating show and it came down to just two guys left (knowing you eliminated all the rest), one was a guy who's the exact same age as you and the other guy is a year or two older than you, would you pick the older guy cause you feel he can protect you physically, despite the fact that the same age guy is someone you have more in common with

I'm sure the same age guy can protect you too, knowing a guys body is physically stronger

• A.) I would pick the same age guy
    6% (5)
  • B.) I would pick the older guy
    14% (11)
  • C.) I wouldn't be so shallow to choose due to age, it's about who I had more chemistry with
    80% (61)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
the girl who voted B must care about nobody but herself

12

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• Assuming they have the exact same appearance, personality, and mannerisms and are exactly the same except for age I would go with the older one. In all normal situations I would not care lol

• Why go for the older one? That's like a guy choosing a blond haired girl over the girl who wears glasses knowing both of them look good and have something in common with the guy.

• this is the same question again and you know my answer dude. you just don't like it. let's say everything about the guys is exactly the same - they are both the same height and weight with exactly the same amount of muscle and same hair color and eye color and skin tone and same job, same clothes, same goals, same personality - only difference is one is a year older so I choose the older one. HOWEVER in real life this scenario would never happen - you'll never run into 2 people who are exactly the same other than age. so in a real situation I wouldn't care about age. in this one situation where the absolute only difference between the men is age then I choose the older one. it's an extremely easy concept to grasp. if you still don't get it you're hopeless.

• You're right, I don't like the answer cause it seems kind of shallow to pick the one who is just one year older... what does age matter knowing they're both the same people, it doesn't make sense. I'm not talking about the fact that it would never happen in real life so lets just focus on if you was on this dating show... why only pick the one who is 23 and not the one who is 22?

• Two years is nothing. Some people are way more mature, both physically and mentally, when younger anyhow. But most of attraction comes down to rapport and who you have chemistry with. They would have to like Star Wars a bit.

• Would you date a man who is 47 years old?

• Since I am 47 myself, I have no reason to have any problem with that, unless I'm being hypocritical. I have found people around my own age have more potential for an amazing connection, just due to shared life-era experiences. As long as they have a bit of nerd in them somehow. Though I'm not single, so technically I wouldn't "date" anyone.

• A year difference in age isn't really enough info for me... how mature is each guy? Does one have goals and stability in his life? I'd need to know more.

• It's not the age difference so much as it's the compatibility. It's difficult to gauge from your short description what that would be in this case.

• So it really wouldn't matter?

• People around my own age are fine.

• I wouldn't date younger because I find them to be like children. And that is gross.

• Personally, I date older guys. They're more mature and tend to play less games. My boyfriend is 5 years older than me and everything is great for me. I guess it just depends on the guy though, everyone is different.

• So an 18 year old guy, is not your interest at all?

• Also this is the way I see it, a 19 year old guy is not that much of a difference compare to an 18 year old, knowing both of them would be hot with good traits

• See in this answer you said you date older guys

• Voted C ^^

• I'm glad you did, but just curious, why you voted c?

• Because age doesn't matter. If I like someone and we click then that's it. I wouldn't choose someone just because he's more mature, he's more dependable, he's the kind of guy who could give more security or whatever.

• i love to date with same age guy.. because i want that he express feelings easily

• i would pick the older guy because i like older guys cause they are usually more mature and they are sometimes hotter (sometimes) and i do like to feel protected by the guy. so yah, the older one.

• The older guy is not too much older, knowing he's just 19, so their really isn't not much of a difference.

• A year older is nothing, tbh.

• One year difference is completely insignificant. They may as well both be the same age as me.

• Depends on the guy, usually the guys I have liked are a year older but my current crush is my age.

• What does your crush think about you?

• I don't know, he is really confusing, some days he flirts, some days he just sits around and barely talks to me, past few days have been nice I suppose... He's very difficult to read so I am not sure if he likes me back...

• but he is mature for his age