Im tired of being alone but afraid to be hurt in a relationship? also have social anxiety so im afraid to go on dates?

how do i pu my heart on the line. what should i do/

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been through this personally and too do suffer from anxiety though not social anxiety but I understand what anxiety is like, you get me? Really there is no easy answer because everyone is different. But my advice is wait until you find someone who you trust and have a good time with as a friend but that you are also attracted to. If you can learn to trust someone you should be able to tell whether they like you or not and will then in your own time feel comfortable to make that move to put your heart on the line.

It sucks getting hurt but if you don't put yourself out there, then you will never be with someone or find love or whatever. "Trying and failing is better than not trying at all and being lonely" thats what I got told

What Girls Said 2

• Take a plunge. Learn to be rejected and move on. Stop being so hard on yourself, be confident, start working towards your own self esteem. Dont let the anxiety rule you.

• basicly direction I've been moving in.

• I too have social anxiety. The best way is probably to date someone you've known for awhile.

What Guys Said 4

• You have to stop being sfraid

Then again, there isn't much point to a relationship if you can't even trust partner on a basic level

• Listen to this song. Should encourage you to be in a relationship at least a little bid :D

https://youtu.be/1Sx45aQmIOc

• What are you more afraid of, being alone for the rest of your life, or going on a date. Make a choice and act accordingly.

But I'll be blunt. If you can't muster the courage to act, you don't deserve good things in your life, nor will you have them.

• I'll trade your social anxiety with my bad luck to find women, lol! I feel as if I could put a sign on my head that says "ladies I'm single!" and could still never find a girl to date, let alone reject me if I try to ask her out.

Sometimes I just like being direct... if she's a Christian, you need not even worry. Ha ha, how many women out there have the same anxiety hurting issues as you do? I think a lot.