Girls, Is this a good response to asking this girl out on a date?

We were talking about a new movie that is out and she called herself a nerd. So I said "You are the cutest nerd around and then asked her if she would like to go on a date next week to watch the movie"

She responded with "I don't know about being the cutest nerd, but you are too sweet! But YES! Let's go!"

Is that a good or bad

She said "yes" in call caps and used the exclamation points.. I am only afraid of the "You are too sweet" I have heard that is a horrible thing to hear when you are a nice guy..

What are your thoughts?

Okay, I hope this updates for everyone to see. We still haven't set the date for the date this week. But it will be before Thursday.

I found out tonight that the girl I am taking out on a date is going to a dudes house tomorrow night to watch a tv show. I legit feel so down right now. They are new friends..
what do I do? Like why would I want to take a girl out on a date when I know that a couple nights before she was with another guy watching a tv show?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Your reading the too sweet part out of context. Her reply is good.

What Girls Said 9

• I see nothing wrong with it. Where you might be getting "You are too sweet" as a negative response could be because it is not always followed by YES! I don't know about others, but for me if I turn a guy down I say That's so sweet, or you are very sweet, but I think we should just stay friends. BUT in this case she clearly wants to go out with you. Don't over analyze the little things like this or you will go crazy. This girl likes you, you like her, have fun!

• I think this is absolutely a good thing. She is obviously excited to go.

• No its a compliment. It would have been mad if she said no. She's excited about going and probably was nervous. Girls always try to turn down compliments bc they are insecure.

• She seems pretty keen on the idea, she's given you a straight answer which is definitely good, it means she 100% wants to go watch the movie with you, if she saw you as just a friend she wouldn't show so much enthusiasm or she would of said 'yes as friends' or something along those lines. she likes you ;)

• Thats definitely a positive reply. You should not think too much.

Goodluck and enjoy the movie :)

• I think the girl likes you and what she likes the most about you is your way of telling her that she is a special person ( do that often ) :)

• Being nice is good don't listen to sterio types girls like nice guys

• Aww thats perfect!!!

• There's nothing wrong with that, I tell my boyfriend he's sweet all the time. she's totally interested in you!