Is it bad to have high standards?

I've been wondering is it bad to have high standards to look for in a girl. My standards are pretty, smart, and nice. I mean I want a girl that's wholesome and not into those trends that makes them part of the whole fad of big boobs and butts. Franky I find that unnecessary. But is it bad to have these standards? I just want to date the right girl that's right for me. So what do you guys and gals think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no! High standards ALL THE WAY, baby! Lift the bar before you let anyone jump it. You are the new evolutionary standard. Or better. Only exception to this high standard rule is not to expect a standard higher than you are yourself. Eg, I know people who are not very physically fit or attractive or whatever quality it is, who insist they want someone who is super-gorgeous or successful or intelligent or whatever it is that they are not. They don't seem to realise this is hypocritical and that the person they want, who is top-notch, is going to have high standards too. You have depth. Go for someone to match.

What Girls Said 12

• You can have whatever you want. That's your choice. Just make sure that it's realistic because if it's TOO high, then I hope as you age, you don't become like a lot of these bitter beta males who can't "get what they want".

• No I don't think it is. Everyone has standards in every aspect of their life. When it comes to partners, there are realistic standards and standards that would be nice but comprisable. The standards you have aren't unrealistic. If you were like "she has to be a brunette with eyes 4cm wide and weigh 139lbs and be 5 foot 2 and called Anna" that would be too high.

You'll find someone. You're only 14, the chances of you ending up forever with your first girlfriend are quite small. Good luck.

• I don't think it's a bad thing.

• No it's not bad but you also have to be at a high standard to want that. What's bad is to have ridiculous standards. You'll know the difference.

• Not if you meet those standards yourself and can realistically attract the type of woman you want.

• Nooo it is not.

• No. Not bad at all in my opinion. I have high standards too. Very similar to yours actually. It just means you won't end up with someone that you'll regret being with

• not bad at all. those standards aren't even bad, I wish most guys had them :)

• Its actually good to think that way. It means you have pride in your self and want a good decent future for yourself. Natural life. Not fake.

• No high standards are not bad to have just don't make them too high. If you make them to high you are most likely not going to find anybody. Glad you have standards and don't date just anything like some people I know.

• I think it's good you have high standards. They don't seem too outrageous and it's important to find a girl who you click with and have respect for yourself

• one man's garbage is another man's treasure

What Guys Said 11

• hahahah not at all... personally i prefer curvy gals... most guys may consider em low... but i consider em high high high!!! 8)

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• Are you wanting to find a girlfriend who you will be proud to introduce to your Mom or are you content with a girl who will hold you hand and kiss you right now? (But, next week, she'll be holding somebody else's hand and kissing them.)

• In today's world, as long as YOU meet those standards, you should attract that type of women and have that choice.

• Great call. Stand by those standards and don't give up. They will serve you well.

• You can have any standards you wish. The only downside is that you may be severely limiting your choices.

• There is nothing wrong with having standards. Yours are not high standards. If you said she has to have dimples in certain spots. She has to answer her phone within three rings, or she needs to cook every single meal by the time I say. That's BAD!!!

• It's not a bad thing to have high standards, but you also need to be realistic about your situation. You're 14, and it may be years or even decades before your perfect girl comes along. If you don't learn and practice how to talk to and attract women now, how the hell will you be able to do it when it's time to do it for real?

• only if those standards are keeping you from meeting people... then its obviously doing you more harm than good

• No of course not. Many people have them, including myself.

• It's not a bad thing.

• If you can attract the girl you want your standards are never to high.