Do you think it's too soon to go on a date with this guy?

I was in a semi-casual relationship with a guy for 6 months. Thought it was going to become serious but in the last 3 weeks it got shaky and it turned out he got in contact back with his ex and decided he wanted to be with her. So he strung me along the last 3 weeks on this huge emotional roller coaster ride. I subconsciously knew it was gonna end so i started talking to other guys for attention. Exchanged some numbers thinking nothing would happen, but there was one guy that has been showing a lot of interest. My ex just broke the news to me that he didn't want to see me anymore 3 days ago and though i saw it coming, it still hurts like hell. i found comfort in this interested guy's attention. He keeps asking for a date but i feel its too soon but i kinda hinted that i would give him a chance in a weeks time. Do you think its too soon? or should i just give him a chance but let him know whats up with me?

• Too soon
  • Try it out, but let him know
  • Other suggestion?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see what's too soon about it. A date is for you two to get to know each other better and it's the first step in moving on. So do it.

• its because while i message him, i wish he was my ex. but i also know going on dates really help move things along. so i'm torn that maybe im not ready. i just dont want to end up crying in front of this guy.

• He moved on and he's clearly not thinking about you. I think you should do the same. If you're doing something fun, you won't think about it. So make sure the first date is something competitive.

Or you can give yourself a little more time (set up a date in a couple of weeks).

What Guys Said 1

• if he insists... then give it a try... maybe ull lose him if u don't... :-)

What Girls Said 0