Girls, online dating advice?

I'm thinking of trying online dating, but I'm not sure how it works. I tried okcupid once, but nothing happened. The first time I send a message, I got ignored. I didn't have a profile picture. I ended up deleting my account. This time I'm going to try with a profile picture of my face, but I don't like putting my face in the internet because itt feels awkward exposing myself. However, I heard if I put my face then it will make me look noncreepy. I don't like messaging random people especially women because it feels creepy, even though it's a dating site. I was wondering if women approached guys in online dating site. Is that how it works? Or do I have to do the approaching? Any tips not to be creepy? Any tips to make a good profile? I'm afraid to messgae people because I'm afriad of being ignored because I feel sort of bad, lowers my self-esteem and makes me feel creepy for trying. Any advice to try to increase my chances of getting a date?

I'm thinking of trying tinder or perhaps okcupid. I'm not sure which is better. I appreciate any advice or recommendation.
Do I really need a cool profile picture, like one where I'm in some interesting place? Or is that insignificant?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Make your profile creative, short and sweet. Dont be too forth coming. Send some messages but dont worry too much. There are swipe left and right functions on most of these apps, start swiping, when you get a match, send them a message. A simple hey, with an HONEST compliment should suffice. Beware: people can be crazy on there so keep your guard up for psychotic people.

What Girls Said 4

• Damn I got same issue as yours everytime I try to make friends online always end up I delet my account and I thought I am the only one who will feel awkward or fell it is totally fake because it's selfie who will post a ugly selfie on

• Don't go on these sites looking for women. They are damaged goods

• Definitely post a profile picture. I never look at any one's who doesn't have one.
    I have messaged first but nearly all the time it's the guy.
    The guys that have caught my attention are ones that comment on an interest of mine like "nice photo of you hiking! " and then it generally started the conversation easier.
    I'm not sure how ok cupid works but funny usually catches my attention. And a cute profile pix

• just be nice to them.