Is it possible to not get along with someone, even though you have a lot in common?

I have a lot in common with my best guy friend and someone can say something and we both like it, music, food, movies, books, etc . But if we dated we would not got along, i'm sort of wild for him and he likes mature but a little silly girls that dresses nice everyday and wears makeup and hair looking nice. I'm the total opposite, i hate wearing makeup, and my style is alternative, I'm the type of girl that the guys can treat me like one of them, i don't have a lot in common with his best friend but we get along it's almost like we are meant for each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. I have a friend who has a whole lot in common with me, but we'd do terribly together. We actually discussed it once, and yeah, we'd drive each other nuts if we tried dating, haha.

I think there are certain things people need to have in common to match well together, but those things are highly variable and in my opinion, they tend to have more to do with personality than taste in music etc..

• Haha yeah we laughed to but we match in personality but not a lot and honestly i'm everything what he wanted in a girl personality wise and he's everything i wanted but we are just to different and we won't last long lol

What Guys Said 3

• Of course.

You ever see two assholes in the same room together?

• yeah... u said a LOT... so... there MIGHT b a little thing that'd make this person repellent :-)

• Yes exactly and i even told him that i don't change for no one, i wanted to see what he really thought about how i dress and he said he rather see me dressing nice haha. Weird thing he acts weird when his best friend and i get along.

• Yes. Sometimes that's worse

What Girls Said 2

• Yes it is possible

• I figured because when we hangout with each other for a long time we will end up disliking each other for a bit, but as friends we are perfectly fine with each other, but if we dated i would be surprised if it last for a month

• Absolutely. Honestly some of the people who have the most in common clash a ton!

• Yes i can understand now, i thought it would be awesome being someone that likes the same things as I do and now we are picking at each other, he doesn't like how i act and i don't like how he judges me, and now every once in awhile we will end up having a disagreement about each other