Would you ever meet someone in person, that you met on a dating site?

lets say you met this person on a dating site (eharmony, tinder, meetme, etc) would you ever meet up with them in person?

• yes I would meet them
  • No I would not meet them
  • Depends on the situation
  • Other
Yes, I agree that's what dating sites are for. The reason I'm asking is because one of my friends said she wouldn't ever meet the guys, so I was curious if that was normal or not! (:

Most Helpful Guy

• What would be the point of being on a dating site if you had no intention of meeting people that you met there? You might as well just join some kind of forums or other community if you aren't looking to actually meet the people.

So, yes, I would. If I was on a website whose purpose was to meet people to date, and I met someone I wanted to date, I would meet them in person to go on that date. If I was to answer no to that question, there would be no reason for me to be on that site in the first place.

What Guys Said 14

• I did twice. Still dating the second one 5 months later. If you are going to do this, it is essential to keep it casual no matter how comfortable you are with the. Meet in a very public place you are familiar with, don't make it a dinner (you can always change you mind on the date) as you may prefer to keep it short if you don't feel an initial in person spark. Also, no picking up or walking home, I know some guys feel like they must insist to be a gentleman, but keep in mind, you actually have no in person history with that person, so there is no reason to really trust that person more than walking home alone...

• I voted "A", but how could anyone not vote that? The whole REASON you're using a dating site is TO find a person to date, and eventually meet in person. What is the point of going on a dating site then? Lol. Is this a joke?

• I find it hilarious that four people said they would not meet someone in person after meeting them on a dating site. Did they misunderstand the question or are they wasting their time on dating sites?

• Lol Yes, I agree that's what dating sites are for. Like I said above the reason I'm asking is because one of my friends said she wouldn't ever meet the guys, so I was curious if that was normal or not! 😊

• @Asker I just now saw that. Well, your friend makes no sense... I mean WHY is she using a dating site if she won't meet the potential date in person? I'm baffled.

• It is a waste of time posting a profile and corresponding with guys if you never intend on following through. In a way it's fraud, the guy is on there to meet girls, and
    not intending to meet is deceitful, unless it established early on that it is just chat.

• no coz those sites r not serious in my opinion 8)

• Defeats the purpose of a dating site really

• I wouldn't use a dating site but if I did I would definitely meet them in person. I don't believe in online relationships so eventually I'd have to meet her if we're gonna date

• Depends on the situation on whether i meet them

• THAT kinds *is* the idea of said sites, right?

Why I would even meet/talk to them if nothing would happen afterwards? O. o

• Isn't that the point?

• I would totally do so..

• When I was like 16 I met someone IRL a friend-of-a-friend from online.

• Yeah it probably is normal for chicks. For chicks, dating sites are just a way to build their egos.

• no, humans can't be trusted.

• I meet people off a dating site but is wasn't quite like i expected. But i meet one person in Singapore who was genuine to she said was on profile. :)

What Girls Said 6

• I met up with a guy from Tinder. What's the point on being on it if you don't develop a face to face relationship? Some guys on my Tinder, literally live down the road and sometimes they ask to meet up on a sunny day, just for company. I recently got invited to go for a game of Ping Pong. :')

• It's not a good idea.

• Really? Then WHY would you use a dating site if you wouldn't meet them in person? That's the whole reason for dating sites. And didn't you say you wouldn't do online dating on another question? I'm confused.

• Tried online dating a few months ago for a month just to see what it was like. Went on 10 dates and all of the guys were annoying except two. won't be trying that again, but at least I can say I experienced it.

• Why would I be on a dating site if I had no inclination on meeting them in person?

• Yeah, that's the point right?

• Isn't that what they're for?