Soccer as a first date?

I am planning a first date with a guy from a different school that I haven't met in person yet. He plays soccer and I never have, so he offered to teach me then go get some coffee after. Is this a good idea for a first date. I am a runner, I just have never played soccer.

• Yes, good idea.
  • Bad idea

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is a lovely idea

What Guys Said 2

• yes that sounds like a great date!

• Soccer is super fun. It'll be a blast.

What Girls Said 4

• Who wants to get all dirty and sweaty on their first date? Even if he played soccer, that doesn't leave room for you two to get to know each other which is the purpose of the date. Bad date in my opinion.

• Its a great idea! with you never have played soccer it just means there might be more to joke around with and more for him to teach :) have funnnn!

• I'M ALSO A RUNNER and I love soccer! I have tons of guy friends who play soccer and I am crushing on one of them and when we play together just for fun it's a great way to get to know each other, and friendly competition can be the perfect opportunity for flirting. P. S. it doesn't matter if you stink at soccer, you'll still have fun with him

• I'd save it for some other get together.