Girls, how can I become seen as dateable instead of that funny sidekick?

I always get told by girls that I'm funny and kind but none of them ever seem to flirt or show any interest in me. They always want to try and set me up with a friend, who inevitably eventually finds me funny and kind but not dateable. How do I change this and stop being just seen as the funny friend?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe change your image and be more forward with what you want. Don't let them hook you up to much, try to do it yourself.

• Yeah I'm not the most forward person with girls, don't want to come across pervy and creepy by being too forward haha

• Ok I understand that, maybe not too forward..

• Yeah, I see what you mean though, forward guys seem to have better luck, I just struggle to do it

What Girls Said 8

• I honestly feel that you shouldn't want to be more dateable. It's about being yourself and the one that is meant to be with you wil see your potential and maybe reach out to you. This doesn't mean you should sit back and let them come to you. No, be socialble and be yourself otherwise someone wil like you, but not for who you really are.

• Ah I see what you mean, thank you :)

• It's my plessure so stay that funny sidekick and you will be surprised by what may come your way.

• There's nothing wrong with being the fun guy who can always make a girl laugh. Girls love that! You're fun and keep them entertained. Don't try to change yourself when there's nothing wrong with you that needs to be changed. You're a funny guy, you already have that going for you! Be confident in who you are and people will be drawn to you. There's nothing more attractive than a sweet, funny guy who's confident in himself. You just wait and that one girl will come along and see in you what all those other girls overlooked.

• Be more attractive and aggressive about people you are interested in.

• Aggressive?

• Don't just sit back and compliment them endlessly hoping they'll get the point. Be blunt. "I like you. Would you like to go on a date with me?"

• Judging from your picture you look young looking, keep those looks and your humour and in a few years you'll have girls all over you.

• Just be yourself and be confident in yourself. Everyone is dateble.

• dont do things that a friend would do, if you really want to try and have a shot with this person just have a go and try, hold their hand. laugh with them, share a joke or two. talk about intamite things, act like its a date. go on a movie date :)

• Well you should stay as you are. If a girl doesn't want that in a relationship and you act like someone else, they'll eventually figure out who you truly are and possibly feel betrayed In a way. Also you'll always wonder if they would've liked you had you acted the way you wanted to. That said, if you just want dating experience already, want girls to see you as attractive, then play a little hard to get. Act as yourself but don't give everything away easily. Show off what you see as your best quality. Flirt a little bit then tone it down a bit, acting like you just want to be friends. It will automatically make them want to impress you and make you like them. If they know they could have you if they wanted to, they would pass on to a less interested guy. I'm not saying stop complimenting them. Just do it subtly. Last tip is let your touches linger so they know you're interested. Some girls just can't tell you like them.

• The fact that you're funny makes you desirable in my book.