What's the difference between "the one" and your "soulmate"?

Earlier I asked if you believe in having a soulmate many said "no" but they believe in "the one" what's the difference then? Here some of the answers http://www.girlsaskguys.com/dating/q1488213-do-you-believe-in-soulmates

Most Helpful Guy

• Soulmate implies that there is only ONE for you.

Someone being the one is just an opinion that someone has about anther person. and opinions can change.

Soulmate is something that is not fluid, cannot change, there is only ever ONE person.

The One is a mindset, I love her, she is The one for me! Then we maybe break up. She won't be the one anymore, but for that period of my life I viewed her as one.

What Guys Said 4

• Personally I believe they are exactly the same thing just two different ways of saying basically the same thing

• Soulmate: Belief that two souls are meant to be together and a girl and boy were disjoined at birth, but they must search for their matching pair, hence soulmate.

The one: Someone who your're attracted to mentally and physically, and your personalities match and you just make a good couple and want to commit.

• Pretty sure that's the same thing, no?

• I think the one should mean the person you've made the decision to stick with. But people are liable to change their minds so it's just as dumb as the concept of a soulmate.

What Girls Said 2

• It's the same thing to me. I felt my ex was the one and my soul mate but I can see why people view it differently.

The one = The person you want to spend the rest of your life with and don't see yourself being with anyone else.
    Soul mate = Someone you connect with easily, you have a strong bond with mainly because you have very similar interests and values. You almost feel like family that was separated at birth, that's how close you feel.

• Soulmates don't exist.