If a guy isn't ripped with a handsome face, is he being settled for?

Why do girls settle for less because there's only so much guys with really fit bodies?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't get how to answer your poll. You ask a "why" question with only yes or no answers to choose. And the title question isn't clear - do you mean women only are settling for men who don't have ripped bodies, save only that men have a handsome face?

First of all - most women do not prefer ripped bodies, they actually prefer the handsome face. Guys who go and kill themselves to look perfect in the gym are mistaking what they might like to see in themselves without giving it a thought to what women really want in a guy.

The women who bark the loudest about wanting a hot body are the ones who snag the attention from people thinking that's what we all want. We don't. They don't speak for the majority of women who quietly accept men for other traits that appeal to us.

I have dated overweight and very skinny guys because they offered me much more than a taut body. They were handsome, had cute smiles, were nice to me, liked my family, had the ability to communicate and be interesting, had a sense of humour. Jesus why can't guys get it through their heads that this is the stuff that most women find in important, not a six pack? What's more, seeing a guy so interested in working out and making sure he doesn't gain a pound makes me feel like shit because I am the type of woman who likes staying and eating popcorn watching a movie, going on drives, lounging at the park, and doing things that involve food and not being afraid of it. The minute some guy hassles about me what I eat or what they are refusing to eat because they're afraid of gaining a pound, then really I have nothing in common with that. They should just looked for ripped chicks.

What Girls Said 6

• No, strangely I don't prefer a man based purely on his physical attributes. We aren't all as shallow as that.

• I would always prefer a handsome face over a sexy body, you can always work on your body but not on your face (at least not without plastic surgery lol) :p

• i prefer a cute face over a fit body.

• A heart with care is more important than flesh

• Fit bodies aren't every girls preference you know...

• There is more to life than abs mate.

What Guys Said 8

• They're settling if he doesn't have long ears.

• Girls prefer a nice face and great personality, rather than a great body, well, most girls do, the most decent ones.

• WTF? most guys rn't fit as far as i know 8)

• i was a fatso before and girls actually used to talk to me, i am not saying flock around me, but take the first step in starting a convo, right now i am in decent shape, lean with slightly broad shoulders and i don't get girls at all, like i see some attitude even if i try talking to them, so i am confused

• lol girls like boys with good personality rather than a nice body

• well im not ripped however i am in good shape i have lost over 150 pounds and my fiancee is in better shape than me however i didn't fall in love with her because of her looks i fell in love with her personality

• in general, Fit people date fit people. Fat people date fat people.

• If you go and talk to couples that have been married for 5+ years, the women almost always thinks she settled no matter how much better looking or rich the guy is.