Guys, Thoughts on single mommy's?

Would you date or even marry one? Do you see single moms as used goods?

On a personal note, I have 2 young children already and I do want more some day. Dating is a pain, I'm not going to just let anyone come into my life and unfortunately the guys I've met went running for the hills and the others were so sucked into the "hot milf" thing, that they couldn't even see what they'd be getting into other than having "milf" sex. So I want to know what do you guys think of single mommy's? Would you be turned off by the post baby body? Would you be comfortable being a father figure/ positive male role model to another man's children?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I could date and marry one, I like kids and would accept them as my own if we were in a long term relationship. It's not because of the "milf" thing like you say but I do like single mums as they're often mature for their age and don't act immature and I like that.

• I couldn't date a single mother again. I did it three times and it never ended
      well. I won't be #2 to anything or anyone. Especially children who aren't
      mine. I won't deal with ex's, I don't have to. And finally the lack of alone
      time is the ultimate deal breaker for me. Yes I know that I'm older. But I
      might meet the right younger woman, marry and start a family. My very
      own fresh start family. No one can fault me for that. I believe you will
      find a good guy in time. Honestly, with two kids it will be hard. I'm being
      just as honest as I know how to be.

What Guys Said 20

• There are a lot of single moms out there and I have no interest in them. I have tried dating them and they never seem to have their situations straight. Many are on state assistance with no desire to be truly independent and they have ranted to me very quickly about their court battles and such. It is one thing if she was married and the father had a civil breakup but it would need to be something like a five year marriage fallen apart. None of this Vegas marriage and breakup 2 months later nonsense.

Having two kids and wanting more is gonna be real rough for you. Im sure there is some guy out there that will be willing to but don't expect to find him without doing some serious searching.

• Well not sure about the positive role model... but I would be willing to try I guess. But I would have no problem dating a single mom.

• ❤️❤️❤️ Mommies!! After having kids of my own, I have a new appreciation of women. Kids are tough!! I couldn't imagine doing that shit on my own! But I definitely would if I had to. Much respect t to you single mommy!

• I wouldn't mind, as long as she is a good mother and the kids feel comfortable with me. Like, on personal experience, my mom is with a guy who has his own kids as well. My brothers and I like him and he seems cool with us.

So as long as we all feel a bit comfortable, I wouldn't mind. I'd love to be a good father figure to them. Give them the father they don't have, no offense to you or single mothers.

• No offense taken and very nicely said.

• nope... but unfortunately single moms r a trend in our days... :-(

• You make it sound like people are purposely doing this.

• FEMALES ARE TO BLAME FOR THE INCLINE OF SINGLE MOTHERHOOD.

• I don't have a problem at all dating a single mother.

BUT:

1) the kid (s) has to be respectful and kind towards me, or the relationship will never work

2) she has to be open to having MY kids some day

• Single mommy's are great and I don't think of them as milf or used goods. Even post baby body won't matter to me, but as you said whether I am comfortable being a father or a male role model will be a problem. My initial thoughts will be no, but then I have never dated a single mom. So, I would definitely give it a shot.

• I would not, however there are plenty of men who would. It's not so much the post baby body that bothers me, it's the taking responsibility for the children. This is going to sound mean, but from a logical standpoint it costs more to be with you (not just money) then an woman with no children.

• I guess that would depend on the type of female. Would it make a difference if she were financially independent and is just actually looking for love, not for someone to help with the bills?

• That would be important, but there's still significant time effort and attachment to raising children that would make childless women more appealing.

• Can't say I blame ya, it's a problem I run into often.

• Yes I be ok with it I have dated single mums before it doesn't make a difference she is still the same person just happens to have children.

• used good sounds offensive but, i would wonder what happened that you and the baby dad are not together.

i would consider dating one,

my cousin married one and their relationship has worked really well for them

• I grew up, he didn't. Things weren't too bad after our first born, he still got to hang out and have guy time every week, then when I got pregnant with our second (both planned) he was clawing at the door for his freedom back. Cheated on me a bunch of times because, my pregnant body was disgusting to him and wouldn't come home for days at a time.

• A BIG NO NO NO.

DO NOT DATE SINGLE MOTHERS WEATHER SHE HAS A 6 MONTH OLD, A 9 YEAR OLD OR A 40 YEAR OLD.

• Lots of cap letters there, care to elaborate why you hate single moms so much?

• i don't hate them, they just have a bad rep.

Anyone that settles with a single mother will have to carry her and her children's possible baggage. It will make the relationship rock, and it will eventually fall apart.

Plus for a respectable guy who wants to be the first and only to start a family with her, with her as a single mother would be impossible.

• I'm on the fence on this one.

• It would be a consideration but it definitely wouldn't be a show-stopper with the right person.

• I would date a single mom unless I am financially ready to raise her kids.

• Dating maybe, marrying would be difficult. Really has to be the right person

• If there is a attraction, why not, depends on how they look like :)

• Date, yes.
    Marry, no chance in hell, and has nothing to do with her being a mother.

Role model, yes.
    Fatherfigure, only if their biological father (s) are abusive, impriosoned, addicted etc .
    If he's just cut out because mommy is a bitch, she deserves a one-way trip directly to hell, and I'd never as much as consider such a dispicable individual.

• No, not me.

• i would date one but i am already engaged but if i wasn't i would consider dating one however if i had to choose between a single mom and a woman without kids i would choose the woman without kids just becaause of the fact that its less drama and i dont want the kids to get to attached to me if something goes wrong

• honest truth I wouldn't waste my time on them cause im pretty sure most them have a bad perspective of men cause either 2 things happened

1) the dad left and he's an ass or
    2) she pushed the dad away and she's a bitch
    so either way there's something about herself that needs to be fixed

and no i dont like the idea of replacement fathers when there's the real father that wants to help

• I said, a father figure/ positive role model. My children have a father for better or for worse, but it doesn't mean I would allow anyone into my or their lives that will be a negative influence to them and I'm sure many other single mommies would agree.

You're opinion is appreciated nonetheless.

• so true ever situation is different i dont know ur situation but i hope you and the father can forgive each other it will really help the children out and i hope he doesn't act stupid cause its true sometimes us guys act stupid lol

• Was your ex a bad boy? You sound like a good person. I'm told that in a marriage kids will either grow you up or run you off. Personally, no I can't date single mothers ever again. Too many bad experiences for me to even consider it.