I'm into older guys. is that appropriate?

im 16 and by older I mean 25-35. No offence but I find guys of my age immature and stupid.

• yes. just go for it!!
  • nope
  • burn in hell!!
  • idgaf
Hey guys I'm not going to marry a 35 year old stop telling me the legal issues as I'm already aware about that.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're into what you're into.
    Seeing the behavior of teen guys to their early twenties, I can't really say I blame you.

However... I kinda have trouble with adults dating kids.
    1. For legal reasons obviously
    2. Large age gaps at such young age very rarely works out, because they have much more experience, and very different expectations.

But if you're of legal age, do as you please.
    Though I'd advise against age gaps larger than 5 years until you reach your mid to late 20's.

What Guys Said 16

• no its not... but don't try to get with them... because they can go to jail since your 16. Not just you, but lots of girls that are like 16 or 17 will date older guys because they look older.

I'd be careful with the whole thing though. Guys going for young girls can be really creepy

• I think it is totally inappropriate.

• it's ok... but i doubt most guys dat age, will date a 16 yo gal... sorry :-(

• Most guys 25-35 would think you are too young. It's not wrong and there are definitely guys out there who for one reason or another would want to get with a naive child, but mostly not.

• Just be careful but go for it I'd say, most people my age are immature and I'm 18, and it was even worse at 16 so I completely get your logic.

• In these type of questions, i believe, that no matter what people say, the askers doesn't change their minds.

Plus, MHO is given to those supporting 'askers' point of view, rather than facts.

So no comments!

• this is a little complicated I dont find anythign wrong with it as long as its legal, but still a bit morally wrong from the guys side in my opinion

• It's not inappropriate. It shows u think more than average of your age. Guys older will be more stable and knowing in the relationship

• It's your choice. Everybody has preferences. Just be careful. It's good to follow your heart but don't forget to also follow your head and be rational. God bless.

• I think there is no problem going with them.
    Adults know better more than adolescence.

• Go girl 😊 Agree with your last statement 😂😂

• I don't know. I'm 21 and seeing a 17 year old, but for a 16 year old to date guys into their 30's seems a bit off.

Have you tried guys in their early twenties, or do they seem immature to you too? (Most girls like older guys, but I don't think most go that much older.) I think when old (er) guys go for really young girls it's her body that he's interested in, not her personality/mind.

• it is SO appropriate. women at 16 are at their unmatched and unrivaled prime. i'm not ashamed to admit that girls like you are the ONLY girls i always went and will go for... .

• I really highly recommend not

• this is stupid. u and 35 yo? okay, my girlfriend will be born two years later.

• I think calling all guys your age stupid makes you the immature one.

What Girls Said 24

• it's totally normal. guys your age are super immature. the brain doesn't completely develop until about age 25 so it makes sense to be more attracted to guys of that age. but like other people already said.. but careful. there is a HUGE age difference and older men can easily take advantage of you.

• You're 16. At least wait until you're 18. I think it's gross if a 16 year old was dating a 25 year old. I know you like older guys, but just wait a little. Yes, guys your age are immature, but you don't even need to be dating right now. Enjoy HS w/out boys. They aren't all that fun anyway.

• I'm into guys that age as well - okay, I'm 3 years older than you but actually I've always found guys that age attractive so assuming your taste won't change that quickly (like your preferred age won't go up even more or anything) the age gap will become smaller as you get older.. I guess it's (not legal?) and hard to find a partner who's this much older at 16, it's hard even at 19 but at some point there won't be anything in your way anymore so all you have to do is just wait until your a little older :)

• I like guys that are a bit older too, like 2 to 5 years older, so I do understand you. However, when the age gap is as large as you suggest, it isn't normal for those guys (for example a 30 year old) to like a 16 year old girl. I understand you like older guys and it is fun to have crushes but I think when you find a guy that is that much older than you and is willing to be in a relationship, there is probably something wrong with him. But when you get a bit older it will be less of a difference, for now it is probably better to keep dreaming and maybe go for a guy that is younger than 21. Keep in mind however that when you do go for a much older guy eventually he will get old and you will have to look after him while you are still young and want to enjoy life.

• Oh and, you are probably at a totally different stage of your life than a 30 year old so this can cause a problem too.

• As long as it's legal.

• That is digusting

• Same here. Not as old as you say, but my boyfriend is 20. So far, he's been a great guy.

• I used to like older men as well, I would only go on dates with older men etc. and now that i'm older i'm with a guy who is 6 years younger then I am and I love it lol. You will like different things through out your life, depending on what you want at the time and you may meet someone and realize age doesn't even matter anymore. And no there's nothing wrong with any of it.

• Seriously you look much older. I'd never guess if you hadn't reveal your legal age at all. You look 21.

• It's not a question whether you can't be with them or not but do you have the emotional capacity to deal with them? You don't have a job and you're still high school. :P

• Wow, I can't believe how many people voted go for it! It's completely inappropriate!

• Girls mature earlier than boys do, i'm alway torn whether it's a good or bad thing but just be very careful who you go for. Some guys that age wouldn't go near you because you're so young but some will, they'll say all the right things to make you feel like a princess and that you're important to them when all they really want is a shag then they'll bin you off.

It's your choice, whatever you decide to do just be wise about it :) x

• It's not legal yet for you to do that. So wait until you're 18 or whatever the age of consent is in your country.

• It's your life and choices, so I don't really care. If 16 is legal in your country then go crazy, if not then wait until you're legal

• i think 16-20 yes cause i go for 18-20 year olds and I'm 16 for the same reason but 35! no thats a bit too old

• I mentioned 25 too and I don't know why everyone thinks I'm marrying a 35 yr old. Urghh

• no i get that, I'm just expressing my opinion. i feel if your 16 currently the oldest i would date is 20 where you seem to have put it that you would date a man 19 years older than you

• it's actually illegal.

• It's not but you can find mature guys younger than that

• You can go for that gap depending on where you live. But, if you can I say go for it.

• Stay legal ! "Love" and "lust" are not worth messing with the law haHa

• I don't think there's any problem in liking "older" guys, but the fact that you are still a minor could be a problem as you get more serious, because the guy could get in trouble for that.

• Yeah that's fine. I've always been into older guys too.

• Nope. I am into older guys too :)

• But would you really date a 35 year old man, who is okay with being with a 16 year old? Because that is kinda gross, and something is wrong with him.

• You're going to make a mistake doing that. Trust me, I was 16 and was seeing a guy who was 29, and it was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. Now, 8 years later I still get sick of the idea of how he could take advantage of a kid like that. Please don't do the same. It may seem like a fun idea now, but you will regret it later on. He will just take advantage of you, nothing more.

• we all love us some DILFS every now and then