Why are many girls incapable of falling in love with their close guy friends?

Is it because girls like mystery at the beginning? Or is it because most girls are intuitive and know if there is chemistry potential or not right when they meet?

Perhaps those who fall in love with their guy friends later have weak intuition and have no way of knowing at the beginning, or do best friends who become "lovers" aren't truly lovers but technically more like friends with benefits combined with friendship love, having missed the whole honeymood period?

0|0
3|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Because for them, it's like their big plush teddy bear getting a hardon.

Girls are fine being buddies/pals with a lot of guys.

However, the thought of sex with those guys is often nauseating. It's female nature. You're either going to be a romantic interest or a friend.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It's usually because they are simply not attracted to them in a romantic or sexual way. They genuinely have absolutely no desire or urge to explore their male friends sexually, romantically, or in any type of seriously intimate way.

0|0
    0|0
    • I suppose it's because their male friends just don't have the personality and physical charisma to be sexually/romantically compatible with them? Like if the two are on different wavelengths, they won't instincitively understand each others' needs?

• @Asker Can't say for sure. The situation isn't always the same so you can't just assume that one equation fits all.
      Sometimes it may be that they don't understand each other's needs. Other times, it's just that she's not physically attracted to him: he can't get her pussy wet in seconds or he doesn't make her want to tackle him and screw him right then and there. Maybe she just cares for him like a brother and nothing more.

• I think most people, guys or girls, once they develop strong platonic feelings for someone, they'll rarely ever develop romantic ones.

0|0
    0|0
    • But how do certain platonic friends evolve into lovers later? How could they miss the spark earlier?

• I know if I don't feel the attraction soon, it will probably never be there. And if it's never there... it's called friendship.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I believe when a girl meets a guy, and it is in an environment where the tendency is to become friends, once he is her friend he will always only be her friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • coz they r seein them as FRIENDS and only maybe? ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats why you don't become friends with them because they already know what you're about kinda like rewatching a movie with a one time part that reveals the plot twist

0|0
    0|0
    • Still I wonder how some fall in love later? Perhaps they are a different type of person from the norm.

Apparently the concept that best friends make the best lovers is from the feminist movement and very few couples start as such. For most people friends and lovers are two separate things.

• Probably cause the girl already sees the guy as a friend and nothing more.

0|0
    0|0