My date continued to ask me questions about my ex. Is that a bad sign?

I went on a date the other day. Everything went pretty good. My date was from the same country as my ex, so I mentioned to him briefly that I used to date a guy from there. I didn't really say anything else, but my date seemed to want to know more about him. He asked me which city my ex was from, how we met, how long we were together, when we broke up and then seemed a bit surprised when he found out that my ex was still living in the city (he assumed that he had gone back)

I know I shouldn't have said I dated a guy from his country previously, but he seemed to latch onto it and continue asking me questions about it. Why would he ask so many questions about my ex bf?

What Guys Said 1

• That's a bad start. Perhaps he wanted to see if you dated someone he knew. You and him should never bring up an ex that's a real buzz kill. Next time don't bring ex's up.

• I honestly didn't mean to make him jealous or anything like that. I just made a little comment on how I dated someone from his country. In hindsight, yes it was stupid and I probably shouldn't have :)

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he was just intrigued by info that your ex happened to be from his country and wanted to know more? I wouldn't worry about it until it becomes clear it's jealousy or something.

• Thanks for your input :) and I hope so