What does it mean if someone says they are looking for dating but nothing serious?

If a guy chooses the option :dating but nothing serious on a dating site does it mean he doesn't want a relationship? and what does dating and nothing serious mean? is it just friends with benefits? But what if the guy actually starts really liking the girl he still won't get into a relationship with her?

0|0
4|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating and nothing too serious means that he just wants someone to hook up with, and nothing too serious, like a commitment. It can be friends with benefits since there's nothing serious going on and there's no commitment involved. If he really starts liking her, then he can have a commitment with her, but if it says "Dating but nothing too serious" then it's highly unlikely for the guy to take things to the next level, which is a stable relationship, and he may not see a future with her, like marriage for instance.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I understand 'serious' to mean 'exclusive.' It all can change in an instant if he gets feelings for her.

1|0
    0|0
  • What he is portraying is that he is not looking for nothing serious. In sure he will meet with someone and take them on a date but I doubt he wants to settle down and get serious with one woman. He is enjoying his single life and just wants to meet someone.. I am sure if he meets a woman worth wile his opinion could be persuaded

1|0
    0|0
  • obviously sth like a "fwb" relationship :-)

1|0
    0|0
  • He wants sex and a loose relationship (no rules). But the relationship will never develope into anything more serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he wants sex.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Don't be surprised if that person marrys u!!! Maybe they have heard other people talking about u in a bad way and they like u but don't wanna come out wiff it n they decided to do it through dating to see for themselves n not what other people say!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think he's looking for a fuck buddy

2|0
    0|0
  • Friends with benefits or fuck buddy

0|0
    0|0